Live@Work - 20_KW50 - Die Kirche rockt 2015, the 2k20 throwback Mashup edit

On December 12, 2015, the benefit concert "Die Kirche rockt" ("The Church rocks") took place for the last time in the Protestant Church in Niederkaufungen near Kassel. After a break in 2014, this seventh edition was unfortunately also the last to take place in such a setting. Once again, this benefit concert was intended to support a social project in the region through the donations of the guests and other partners. This support also included an individual light setup. After we deliberately kept the setup discreet in 2013, it turned out a bit more extensive again in 2015. Thus, came there of his time to the use:

• 4 Showtec Indigo 150 V2 Spot-Moving-Head
  • 24 LightmaXX Platinum LED MINI PAR Tri-LED
  • 16 PAR-30 fixtures on 4 4-channel dimmer packs
  • 4 Eurolite ML-56 COB CW/WW
  • 1 Antari Z-350 Fazer

The Niederkaufungen Protestant Church had some lighting equipment of their own, including white lights and a few LED fixtures, which were also incorporated into the show. So DMXControl 2.12 had to address two DMX universes via two FX5 interfaces.

With the programming of the show, it meant: again, back to the roots. After the lighting of the songs with playback in the previous edition did not bring the hoped-for advantage with itself, the "construction kit light tuning set list concept" was used again. Means, I adapted my effects for dimmer, color, movements, which can be put together like a construction kit, to the setup and put together suitable lighting moods for the total of 17 songs. This way, I created a separate lighting mood set list for each song as a single effect, which I then ran through manually controlled during the show. The additionally needed effects like blinder and strobe effects I fired live on location according to feeling.

On the occasion of the fifth anniversary of the last edition of the Die Kirche rockt series, we brought the concept into 2020 in terms of lighting and especially control. Due to Corona, all the lighting equipment was not on the road in the past weeks and months and was therefore happy to be able to run a bit again for this event. Accordingly, the equipment list is extensive despite the rather small dimensions of the truss rig:

• 12 Futurelight Mega Color Wave.i Moving-Bar
  • 8 Futurelight DMH-160 Spot-Moving-Head
  • 4 Futurelight DMB-160 Beam-Moving-Head
  • 4 Eurolite LED KLS-3002 LED 4-Bar
  • 2 Eurolite ML-56 COB CW/WW
  • 1 Antari Z-350 Fazer

In contrast to 2015, the beta version of DMXControl 3.2.2 was used in 2020. In this setup DMXControl 3 sends a total of about 850 DMX channels on five DMX lines via an Art-Net node to the fixtures. I programmed the show itself as a timecode-triggered scene list (cuelist) using the audio cue. Because the result and accordingly the sequence of the show was fixed in advance, this scene list also includes the various blinder and strobe effects. Depending on the type of effect desired, these either run directly in the timecode-triggered scene list or, as in the case of the combined blinder effect, I have prepared separate scene lists for the DMH and the KLS, which are then only called up. So in the end the show scene list itself comprises 90 scenes (cues) plus the outsourced scene lists and the presets. I use the latter mainly for the positions of the moving heads and the moving bars.

By combining the show from 2015 with the one from 2020, we have thus created a lighting mashup. We hope you enjoy the show! For the sake of completeness, we have also included the first video from the last edition, which has already existed for some time.

Stefan

External Content www.youtube.com
Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Comments