Export Midi list and Input assignment

• Hi,

I tried to translate your text to understand it, because I do not speak any Italian. Am I correct that you want to export the midi configuration and the input assignment configuration from one project to another? If yes, then here is the answer :) You can export the midi configuration in the midi manager. I can not currently try it, but as far as I remember, the import and export function is in the "Tools" section in the menu of the midi manager. If I am wrong, then please tell me that and I look for it this evening. However, the input assignment configuration can not be imported or exported (at least in the current DMXControl 3 version 3.2.2). Thus, you have to reconnect your midi inputs and outputs. If you have multiple projects with the same configuration, then create a basic project with all your midi connections and assign it as new default project. Then this can be a starting point for future projects. We have an article about that in our "Did you know?" section Did you know? #27 - Project template I hope, this will help you.

JP

• Hi

I apologize for writing in Italian by mistake I activated the translator (I don't speak English well), thank you for the quick and thorough answer, I will use the default show trick. Thanks again and good all

Excusme for my bad English :)

• I Don't know that i am right, but this Question ist posted in DMXControl 2 / Hilfe und Unterstützung [v2]

Ok, I moved the thread to the correct sub forum. I assumed it is a DMXControl 3 question due to the fact that the last question of francocampo70 was about a DMXControl 3 detail as well :)

I apologize for writing in Italian by mistake I activated the translator (I don't speak English well), thank you for the quick and thorough answer, I will use the default show trick. Thanks again and good all

Excusme for my bad English

No problem :) . And there is absolutely no problem with your English. Your posts are understandable so everything is ok :)

• Hallo und Guten Abend!

ich versuche grade mein Behringer BCF2000 an den Start zu bekommen - grundsätzlich alles ok. Aber beim Export und Import der Rules habe ich eine wichtige Frage, die sich mir nicht offensichtlich erklärt:

Importiere ich ein RuleSet in einem leeren Projekt, bleiben die Spalten InputDevice bzw. InputDeviceID leer. Kann ich In/0 oder In/1 nachträglich verknüpfen oder einfügen?
    Wäre auch interessant, wenn mehrere MIDI-Geräte zur Verfügung stehen und beim Start in falscher Reihenfolge aktiviert werden. Dann ist ein RuleSet ohne Funktion, weil das Gerät nun als In/1 statt In/0 in der Liste steht.

Für den Thread-Ersteller hier in englisch - darf auch gern auf englich beantwortet werden. :)

Hello and good evening!

I'm trying to get my Behringer BCF2000 up and running - basically everything is ok. But when exporting and importing the Rules, I have an important question that is not obviously explained to me:

If I import a RuleSet in an empty project, the columns InputDevice or InputDeviceID remain empty. Can I link or insert In/0 or In/1 afterwards?

Would also be interesting if several MIDI devices are available and activated in wrong order at startup. Then a RuleSet is without function, because the device is now in the list as In/1 instead of In/0.

DMX Control 3.2.3 mit OS2L Plugin @ Intel NUC (i7-5557U)

Virtual DJ 2021 @ Schenker XMG Pro 15 Audio :!:
    (z.T. Licht und Ton zusammen auf dem XMG)

1 x Cameo Multi FX BAR

2 x COB-4BAR (JB Systems)

2 x MULTI PAR COB (CAMEO)

5 x FocusSpotTwo (ADJ)
    12 x SMART DJ 6x18w / BO-S601 (BOTH Lighting)

4 x Mini LED Spot 60W (U'King)

u.a.

http://www.party-dj.com

• Hello and good evening,

it's doesn't matter, when these informations are not available when you import the rule set. You can always give DMXControl 3 the related information - also during the running show so far it's needed. You only should have one point in mind: all used MIDI devices have to be connected before the software is started. Otherwise you have to trigger DMXControl 3 with the button "update devices" to search for new MIDI devices. So far you didn't add or remove any device, the list will be always the same finally, so you don't need to change any values in the table below. These values are also stored in the project so you can work also on other computers on your project. Here it also doesn't matter, if there are connected any other MIDI devices. The values "In/0", "In/1" will only updated, when you change them manually.

I hope, you can follow everything in my post. If not, don't hesitate to ask further questions.

Regards, Stefan.

• OK, thanks.

You can always give DMXControl 3 the related information - also during the running show so far it's needed.

OK, how ?

The values "In/0", "In/1" will only updated, when you change them manually.

Again... how i can do this?

Here two screenshots: first as exported from running Project, second after import in new Project. Same PC, same running Kernel, all devices still connected.

DMX Control 3.2.3 mit OS2L Plugin @ Intel NUC (i7-5557U)

Virtual DJ 2021 @ Schenker XMG Pro 15 Audio :!:
    (z.T. Licht und Ton zusammen auf dem XMG)

1 x Cameo Multi FX BAR

2 x COB-4BAR (JB Systems)

2 x MULTI PAR COB (CAMEO)

5 x FocusSpotTwo (ADJ)
    12 x SMART DJ 6x18w / BO-S601 (BOTH Lighting)

4 x Mini LED Spot 60W (U'King)

u.a.

http://www.party-dj.com

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.