Posts by LightningBrothers

Hello Phil,

please check, if your changed DDF is valid in general by loading them into an empty new project in DMXControl 3. It seems in the first point of view, there is an error inside, so your project is not able to be loaded. I guess, you will get more informations in this case. When you fix it, then try again.

The other question is: did you change the file name and delete the previous version inside the project-file? This is also a possible reason for this error message. When you bring the name back to the "old" one, your project will also work again.

Regards, Stefan.

Good morning!

Thanks for the screenshot. It shows that, what I already guess: your MIDI control signal (doesn't matter if it is a real controller or an other software) doesn't send a Disable Message. Here is everything 0. Only the Enable Message includes values, they can used for an action inside DMXControl 3. That's also the reason, why you need to create such a connection set.

For using a much less complicated connection set, you can try to set the values for the Disable Message manually. They are so far the same like the Enable Message. The only difference is the value for Data 2. Here you need to choose 0.

The values for Backtrack (enable and disable) you can ignore for the moment. These you need only first, when you want to get a status back from DMXControl 3 to a LED indicator of your controller or something similar.

Hey...

Good to see, that you could find a solution by yourself. But what I want to ask: how looks the related rule set of the MIDI device? Maybe there is problem, why you need to create a connection set like this. Can you take a screen shot of the rule set?

Usually, your are able to receice only a high when you are pressing the button. But: it's necessary, that the controller is also working in that way. If it's not possible, then you need to choose your solution so far.

Regards, Stefan.

Good morning!

So far your device is not listed, you can take a look inside our DDFLibrary, which you can reach directly via the Add device dialogue in DMXControl. If you don't find your device neither, then you can build it by yourself. It's a in relative point of view a simple XML code. The documentation for DDFs for DMXControl 3 you find in our DMXControl-Wiki. It is for the moment only available in German but I guess some well known translation tools will help you to get all your information you need.

Are there any special questions, you are welcome to ask here.

And finally one tip: if you know a device, which is quiet similar to your ones, maybe you will reach your goal must faster by starting with the existing one and change the informations.

Best regards, Stefan.

OK I'll ask the decoder manufacturer.

Usually you should find this information in the manual of the decoder (I used unluckily the word yesterday - I was also talking about the decoder, which controls the LED stripes). Another possibility is, that this is written on the chassis.

Just out of interest, why would a DMX to RJ45 Adaptor have a different pin assignment than the standard DMX variety?

So far I can say, there is no (worldwide) standard available for the pin assignment when send DMX signals over Ethernet cables. That's why you have to be intent.

Why is it that this vitally important pin assignment is not shown on any DMX to RJ45 Adaptor instructions/spec sheets I can find online?

A good manufacturer should have a document, where the pin assignment is noted of this adapter. The other possibility is, that you build such an adapter by yourself.

Hey and welcome!

Regarding the manual and also the print on the chassis you should see, that this controller is an standard DMX controller. For different reasons - one of the could be the small dimensions, the manufacturer use the Ethernet ports instead XLR ports.

So you need an adapter cable from XLR to the Ethernet plug with pin assignment as written in the manual or on the chassis. If you use more of this controller in the following, you can connect them with standard network cables.

Regards, Stefan.

PS.: Please note, that I move this topic to our general section of our forum, because it's not related any light control software like as DMXControl 3.

Good evening!

As I promised I checked now your DDF, which you attached in your post this morning. The only problem, which I could figure out, is, that due to the space in prism rotation the step for stop doesn't work. This you need to remove. All the rest works so far according to, when I take a look into the channel overview of DMXControl 3. The 18th channel reacts according to your noted responses.

I hope, it will work now. If not, please don't hesitate to ask again.

Regards, Stefan.

XML
    <prism dmxchannel="17">
      <prismrotation />
      <step type="open" mindmx="0" maxdmx="3" caption="Open" />
      <step type="prism" mindmx="4" maxdmx="255" caption="3-facets radial prism">
        <step type="stop" handler="prismrotation" mindmx="128" maxdmx="132" />
        <range type="cw" handler="prismrotation" mindmx="4" maxdmx="127" minval="0.1" maxval="3" />
        <range type="ccw" handler="prismrotation" mindmx="133" maxdmx="255" minval="0.1" maxval="3" />
       </step>
    </prism>

Hmm. I adapted the example from the Wiki to your needed values. Maybe you can check this in between. I will able to verify the code not until the evening in German time.

In your two tests / examples I just only can see three things, where I am not sure, how the software will react:

1. There is a crossing between the steps open and prism included. As you can see in my example, the range for the step open ends at dmx value 3 and the step prism included needs to start at dmx value 4. You wrote 3 for both values.
    2. In both example, you wrote in the line for stopping the included prism prism rotation instead prismrotation for the handler value.
    3. There were much more spaces in the code in general as I have seen this before, for example in front and behind of the =.

Also this three points I will try to check later. The rest of your code looks okay so far.

You are welcome. Glad to hear, that you could work with the DDF of the Futurelight DMH-160. For implement the prism rotation, please take a look in the documentation in our wiki: in the german article Prisma (DDF-Syntax) DMXC3 you find an example at the point "

Prismenrotation auf gleichem DMX-Kanal" (prism rotation on the same dmx channel). I guess, you will understand the example - otherwise please ask again.

How did you try to stop the colourwheel rotation? When I double click on the fader in the device control, which will be shown, when you click on the drop-down button, then the rotation will be stopped right according to the channel overview. If you will set directly a static colour, then the rotation don't stop - that's true. So you need to stop the rotation first as explained before. In the moment, I don't know, if this is a right behaviour of the software itself. I need to think about and asking the team.

By the way: very funny to know in detail know, which device you are talking about. In Germany, this device is sold as Futurelight DMH-200. So I know the specs of it a bit. If you like to try to implement the definition for the Extended Mode, you can take a look to the DDF for the Futurelight DMH-160. This is quiet similar to your device.

Good morning,

When you say

This almost works except that the colours come out in the reverse order, and Magenta (Position 2) doesn't happen - only 7 colours and white come out.

it sounds for me like there is a mistake in the manual itself. The best way to find out, which functions are available in for device, you check the channel with the channel overview. After you select the specific channel, you can send dmx values manually.

From the direct view on your xml code, it looks fine so far. But maybe you can also upload the manual for the device. It's easier to check with the originally written dmx chart.

Greetings, Stefan.

Yes. You have to clear the programmer, when the cuelists should be executed via Go, Go to and so on. The programmer has the highest priority, that's why you can't "see" the values of your first cue. This is a right behaviour of the software.

Hello!

An other and definitely working alternative is, that you rename your project to DefaultProject.zip and copy them to the config folder of the Kernel. Usually you found them C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\DMXControl Projects e.V\DMXControl\Kernel\Config\, while {USERNAME} is the name of your account on your computer, where DMXControl 3 is running.

Regards, Stefan.

Regarding your example, you will have the following output:

Cue Tracking Non-Tracking
    Cue 1
    Lights 2, 3 and 7 on
    Lights 2, 3 and 7 on
    Cue 2
    Lights 2, 3, 7 and 8 on
    Lights 2, 3 and 8 on, light 7 off
    Cue 3
    Lights 1, 2, 3, 7 and 8 on
    Lights 1, 3 and 7 on, lights 2 and 8 off

If you want to turn off some lights in tracking mode with the cue 4, you need only to store "lights 2, 3 and 7 off" in this cue. When you do this, only lights 1 and 8 will stay on when the cue 4 will execute.

Just try it by yourself - you can already see it ate the stage view, so you don't need any real device. :-)