Posts by LightningBrothers

Good evening!

As I promised I checked now your DDF, which you attached in your post this morning. The only problem, which I could figure out, is, that due to the space in prism rotation the step for stop doesn't work. This you need to remove. All the rest works so far according to, when I take a look into the channel overview of DMXControl 3. The 18th channel reacts according to your noted responses.

I hope, it will work now. If not, please don't hesitate to ask again.

Regards, Stefan.

XML
    <prism dmxchannel="17">
    <prismrotation />
    <step type="open" mindmx="0" maxdmx="3" caption="Open" />
    <step type="prism" mindmx="4" maxdmx="255" caption="3-facets radial prism">
    <step type="stop" handler="prismrotation" mindmx="128" maxdmx="132" />
    <range type="cw" handler="prismrotation" mindmx="4" maxdmx="127" minval="0.1" maxval="3" />
    <range type="ccw" handler="prismrotation" mindmx="133" maxdmx="255" minval="0.1" maxval="3" />
    </step>
    </prism>

Hmm. I adapted the example from the Wiki to your needed values. Maybe you can check this in between. I will able to verify the code not until the evening in German time.

In your two tests / examples I just only can see three things, where I am not sure, how the software will react:

1. There is a crossing between the steps open and prism included. As you can see in my example, the range for the step open ends at dmx value 3 and the step prism included needs to start at dmx value 4. You wrote 3 for both values.
    2. In both example, you wrote in the line for stopping the included prism prism rotation instead prismrotation for the handler value.
    3. There were much more spaces in the code in general as I have seen this before, for example in front and behind of the =.

Also this three points I will try to check later. The rest of your code looks okay so far.

You are welcome. Glad to hear, that you could work with the DDF of the Futurelight DMH-160. For implement the prism rotation, please take a look in the documentation in our wiki: in the german article Prisma (DDF-Syntax) DMXC3 you find an example at the point "

Prismenrotation auf gleichem DMX-Kanal" (prism rotation on the same dmx channel). I guess, you will understand the example - otherwise please ask again.

How did you try to stop the colourwheel rotation? When I double click on the fader in the device control, which will be shown, when you click on the drop-down button, then the rotation will be stopped right according to the channel overview. If you will set directly a static colour, then the rotation don't stop - that's true. So you need to stop the rotation first as explained before. In the moment, I don't know, if this is a right behaviour of the software itself. I need to think about and asking the team.

By the way: very funny to know in detail know, which device you are talking about. In Germany, this device is sold as Futurelight DMH-200. So I know the specs of it a bit. If you like to try to implement the definition for the Extended Mode, you can take a look to the DDF for the Futurelight DMH-160. This is quiet similar to your device.

Good morning,

When you say

This almost works except that the colours come out in the reverse order, and Magenta (Position 2) doesn't happen - only 7 colours and white come out.

it sounds for me like there is a mistake in the manual itself. The best way to find out, which functions are available in for device, you check the channel with the channel overview. After you select the specific channel, you can send dmx values manually.

From the direct view on your xml code, it looks fine so far. But maybe you can also upload the manual for the device. It's easier to check with the originally written dmx chart.

Greetings, Stefan.

Yes. You have to clear the programmer, when the cuelists should be executed via Go, Go to and so on. The programmer has the highest priority, that's why you can't "see" the values of your first cue. This is a right behaviour of the software.

Hello!

An other and definitely working alternative is, that you rename your project to DefaultProject.zip and copy them to the config folder of the Kernel. Usually you found them C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\DMXControl Projects e.V\DMXControl\Kernel\Config\, while {USERNAME} is the name of your account on your computer, where DMXControl 3 is running.

Regards, Stefan.

Regarding your example, you will have the following output:

Cue Tracking Non-Tracking
    Cue 1
    Lights 2, 3 and 7 on
    Lights 2, 3 and 7 on
    Cue 2
    Lights 2, 3, 7 and 8 on
    Lights 2, 3 and 8 on, light 7 off
    Cue 3
    Lights 1, 2, 3, 7 and 8 on
    Lights 1, 3 and 7 on, lights 2 and 8 off

If you want to turn off some lights in tracking mode with the cue 4, you need only to store "lights 2, 3 and 7 off" in this cue. When you do this, only lights 1 and 8 will stay on when the cue 4 will execute.

Just try it by yourself - you can already see it ate the stage view, so you don't need any real device. :-)

Remember: so far a device is not includes to a cue, and tracking is disabled, it will always go back to its default values (dimmer off, shutter closed, color white) when running the following cue in this cuelist.

So when you disable the tracking inside the cuelist and after the first cue is nothing stored in the following cues, you will have no output on your devices (so far all DDFs are right). And when there is in cue 100 (after 98 empty cues) one device stored to set the dimmer on 100%, only this device will turn on at the time, when the cue 100 is been started by you. It's a basic behaviour of DMXControl 3 in the non-tracking mode with the most important feature, that you don't need to save every value of all devices in your cues. In my option, it's more easier to see, where a important value for your show is set, when only these devices are included the cue, they are needed at exactly this point.

Hello!

You can use the visualiser with all light control software and controllers, they are able to send DMX via Art-Net (and sACN) to or directly on your laptop. There is not DMXControl 3 exclusive restriction for the usage.

So have fun!

Regards, Stefan.

Hello together!

The second question for the two RGB-LEDs is quite easy to solve: just add two Generic RGB Devices to your project.

The frist is more complicated due the specific device. One option could be to create in total 7 different DDFs. The first one include the main function of the device like PAN-rotation, dimmer, strobe, effects and effect speed. All other DDFs were only written for one beam, which includes the TILT-rotation and function for controlling the LED. The DMX-patch inside the DDFs is exact the same like written in the manual. When all DDFs were created, you add all 7 to your project and all 7 DDFs get the same DMX address.

You need to this like this way, because there is still no native support for so called multi-beam devices. This thread was closed automatically due to his age.

I hope, you both can follow my explanation. If not, you are welcome to ask further questions.

Greetings, Stefan.

Hello!

At the moment, the audio analyser plugin doesn't work the DMXControl 3.2 due to the big changes in the input assignment. That is the reason, why it was removed from the installer. The version on the homepage is still only the latest version for DMXControl 3.1.3.

The audio analyser will come back, of course. There are already some questions in the German section of our forum. But I can not say at the moment, when the plugin is finish to publish for DMXControl 3.2. We will inform via out news, when it is available.

Best regards, Stefan.

Hello Nicolas!

A different ascent time can be set by using the Cue Timing Editor, which is reachable via the context menu for each cue. There you can set furthermore a different delay. Depending on the way, how you save the properties of the device into the cue, you can use the fanning operators for delay and fade time additionally.

I hope, you will have an idea now, what I am talking about. If you need some further informations, don't hesitate to ask for it. :-)

Greetings, Stefan.

Hello!

Maybe the window is open outside of your screen, especially if you changed the display resolution or you worked with a second screen. So try the following option: In the main control, you will find in the window menu an entry like "move all windows to the first screen".

Does it help?

Regards, Stefan.