Posts by LightningBrothers

Yes. You have to clear the programmer, when the cuelists should be executed via Go, Go to and so on. The programmer has the highest priority, that's why you can't "see" the values of your first cue. This is a right behaviour of the software.

Hello!

An other and definitely working alternative is, that you rename your project to DefaultProject.zip and copy them to the config folder of the Kernel. Usually you found them C:\Users\{USERNAME}\Documents\DMXControl Projects e.V\DMXControl\Kernel\Config\, while {USERNAME} is the name of your account on your computer, where DMXControl 3 is running.

Regards, Stefan.

Regarding your example, you will have the following output:

Cue Tracking Non-Tracking
    Cue 1
    Lights 2, 3 and 7 on
    Lights 2, 3 and 7 on
    Cue 2
    Lights 2, 3, 7 and 8 on
    Lights 2, 3 and 8 on, light 7 off
    Cue 3
    Lights 1, 2, 3, 7 and 8 on
    Lights 1, 3 and 7 on, lights 2 and 8 off

If you want to turn off some lights in tracking mode with the cue 4, you need only to store "lights 2, 3 and 7 off" in this cue. When you do this, only lights 1 and 8 will stay on when the cue 4 will execute.

Just try it by yourself - you can already see it ate the stage view, so you don't need any real device. :-)

Remember: so far a device is not includes to a cue, and tracking is disabled, it will always go back to its default values (dimmer off, shutter closed, color white) when running the following cue in this cuelist.

So when you disable the tracking inside the cuelist and after the first cue is nothing stored in the following cues, you will have no output on your devices (so far all DDFs are right). And when there is in cue 100 (after 98 empty cues) one device stored to set the dimmer on 100%, only this device will turn on at the time, when the cue 100 is been started by you. It's a basic behaviour of DMXControl 3 in the non-tracking mode with the most important feature, that you don't need to save every value of all devices in your cues. In my option, it's more easier to see, where a important value for your show is set, when only these devices are included the cue, they are needed at exactly this point.

Hello!

You can use the visualiser with all light control software and controllers, they are able to send DMX via Art-Net (and sACN) to or directly on your laptop. There is not DMXControl 3 exclusive restriction for the usage.

So have fun!

Regards, Stefan.

Hello together!

The second question for the two RGB-LEDs is quite easy to solve: just add two Generic RGB Devices to your project.

The frist is more complicated due the specific device. One option could be to create in total 7 different DDFs. The first one include the main function of the device like PAN-rotation, dimmer, strobe, effects and effect speed. All other DDFs were only written for one beam, which includes the TILT-rotation and function for controlling the LED. The DMX-patch inside the DDFs is exact the same like written in the manual. When all DDFs were created, you add all 7 to your project and all 7 DDFs get the same DMX address.

You need to this like this way, because there is still no native support for so called multi-beam devices. This thread was closed automatically due to his age.

I hope, you both can follow my explanation. If not, you are welcome to ask further questions.

Greetings, Stefan.

Hello!

At the moment, the audio analyser plugin doesn't work the DMXControl 3.2 due to the big changes in the input assignment. That is the reason, why it was removed from the installer. The version on the homepage is still only the latest version for DMXControl 3.1.3.

The audio analyser will come back, of course. There are already some questions in the German section of our forum. But I can not say at the moment, when the plugin is finish to publish for DMXControl 3.2. We will inform via out news, when it is available.

Best regards, Stefan.

Hello Nicolas!

A different ascent time can be set by using the Cue Timing Editor, which is reachable via the context menu for each cue. There you can set furthermore a different delay. Depending on the way, how you save the properties of the device into the cue, you can use the fanning operators for delay and fade time additionally.

I hope, you will have an idea now, what I am talking about. If you need some further informations, don't hesitate to ask for it. :-)

Greetings, Stefan.

Hello!

Maybe the window is open outside of your screen, especially if you changed the display resolution or you worked with a second screen. So try the following option: In the main control, you will find in the window menu an entry like "move all windows to the first screen".

Does it help?

Regards, Stefan.

Great... Cool, that is working now! :thumbsup:

Can you tell me, which was the character in the device name, who destroyed the stage view? It would be helpful to avoid such problems in future.

Greetings, Stefan.

Hello!

Regarding your screenshot, I have now the three following questions:

• Did you install also the XNA Framework on your PC? It is necessary for running the stage view. You can download it below the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-u…oad/details.aspx?id=20914.
    • An other question I have is: can you tell us your complete hardware configuration of your PC? that means processor, graphic card, memory, hard disk and operating system.
    • The last point: can you take an screenshot of the content stage view folder in the project explorer? I would like to see, which devices should be shown in the stage view. The devices, which you added to your project, I see already in your first screenshot, where is the content of the device folder shown.

Greetings, Stefan.

Hello and good morning!

I think your problem does not corresponded with your operating system. The window "programmer filter" show you all current settings for a light scene, which are currently available in the programmer. So far you don't bring any settings for a light scene to the programmer by creating a light scene by using the stage view, you won't see anything in the window "programmer filter".

In total are the first steps the following, when you create a new project:

• Adding some devices to the new project.
    • Open the stage view and set up a light scene.
    • Create a cue list at the project explorer.
    • Open the cue list by double clicking and add a new cue to the cue list.
    • Clear the programmer or modify the current set up like choose some different colours or movements for your moving lights.
    • Add an additional cue to the cue list.
    • Repeat the last two steps when you want to add further cues to the cue list.
    • When all cues are saved, clear the programmer and run the cue lists.

By the way: you see, that you don't need to use the presets. Presets are created in the same way, but usually, you don't need to use them so much then the normal cues.

I hope you can follow my explanations. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Greetings, Stefan.