Newbee problems after restart fresh instal

• Started new install. all is well, even Magic 3D. Made a nice demo and it looks fantastic. Nice program by the way!! Then.........restart computer and i get startingproblems ad init of DMXcontrol. I get lots of error: 429 telling me that ActiveX component can't create object. See att.

It seems that all of my plugins are gone or I am missing the point here. Also the list of "Output-plugin..." tells me 19-times "Plugin not supported". The list of "Plugins..." is blank.

I looked ad the rights of the map and the look OK.

Any help please and sorry for my bad english.

Greatings from Holland, Floor

• Hi,

I think your PC has Vista or Seven installed.

Please use the Plugin-Administrator (ICON: White Hook on green Ground) in the DMXControl-Homedir (C:\Program Files\DMXControl) and set all the Plugins to enabled !

Perhaps that should fix your Porblem.

If there are no Plugins in the Plugin-Administrator Reinstall DMXControl with Admin Rights -> Ríghtklick on Setupfile an "Run as Administrator" (Your Projects will not touched)

And then run the PluginAdministrator again.

Regards

Souko aka Marcel

• Thanks Marcel for your txt. It did helped a bit. but not all of my problems are away. DMXControl start without errors, buw....there are no plugins selected in de list of output-plugins. I can select them, but did it as you suggested in de admin-mode with the manager in the rood of the program.

And still all of the stagematerials (Magic 3D EasyView) are gray, and yesterday it was in perfect colordemo after first install. Selecting any colors won't help. The colorpicker is not reacting. And if I insert armature like Par64 and assign a channel, after patching the are in viewscreen. After clothing it and re-open they are all gone !!! Is this a permissionproblem??

Are there more thinks to do in Vista before one can use the software?

Any help please and sorry for my bad english.

Greatings from Holland, Floor

• Hi,
    first, EasyView 3D is an third-Party Software from Nicolaudie.com...I had no Idea for fixing your problems with this tool.

The PluginAdmin sets only the permissions/rights to write and Read on the Plugins wihtout Admin-Rights for DMXControl.

You have to activate the needed Plugins in the DMXControl Settings seperately.

There are no other things in Vista to look at... It will work fine, i use Vista since half Year on many Stages and Shows without Problems.

And no problem for your english, i'm a German.. my English is not really better ^^

Regards
    Souko aka Marcel

• Thanks for all the help. My next problem is with installing and using the new NanoDMX USB interface. After inserting the interface the driver was installed as planed. In the pluginmanager in the root of the program the plugin DMX4ALL was allready selected . After starting the program the was an error telling me there was a problem opening the comports. The manual from dms4all tells me to make some settings in the with the program DMX-Configurator. (settings--> Hardwaresettings. But this was not installed or not to be found.

Please..... all suggestions are welcome.

Thank, Floor

• Hi!

This is a known Problem on most of the DMX4ALL-Interfaces. The ouput-plugin has some undiscovered failures. There is a workaround but it needs the DMX-Configurator. You can find it here: http://www.dmx4all.de//Softwar…onfigurator-V14::284.html

The workaround is done by:
    - Opening DMX-Configurator with a connection to your interface. There should be no "[offline]" in the title of the DMX-Configurator-Window. Instead there should be your settings there e.g. [Martin, 34800] or something.
    - Now open DMXControl with the DMX4ALL-Interface-Output-Plugin activated
    - You probably get an error with the comport, ignore it.;)
    - Now close the DMX-Configurator
    - After that DMXControl will take over and it will work magically.

What you should not do: Pressing the Button for "Freeze DMX" in DMXControl or deactivating the Output-Plugin. Both actions will reset the connection with the interface and you have to unplug it an do the workaround again.

Hoc

Mein Equipment:
    1x Hirn | 2x Augen (leicht defekt) |2x Ohren | 1x Mund |32x Zahn (zum Teil V1.5) | 1x Handundfuß-Interface

*SCNR*

• Thanks Hoc,

Trying again to solve the problem. Opening DMXconfigurator results in an [offline] like you don't want. Checked Win-devicemanager if windows knows my outputdevice (yes, works correctly) and com-number (com1). Looks fine to my.

After re-starting DMXConfigurator [offline!] I opened App.settings en under connections first "Auto" and restart, second "user configuration", but lokking for a place to fill in the configuration I end up "dead". Bying an applicationprogrammer i find my self loking silly by now. What am I missing??

Is there an interface for a nice price that will work gerantied?

Any help will do............ Thanks, floor

• Thanks all for you imput.

I will buy and use the the Enttec USB Pro. From the looks of this forum its like an OK thing to do.

Greatings from Holland, Floor (see also my next toppic on importing and using an pre-define musicscene in the scenelist)

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.