Live Q&A - 4th April 2024 - Question Collection Thread

• Official Post

We promised you: after the release of the second Release Candiate for DMXControl 3.3, we would like to spend an evening with you on our YouTube channel with a short live Q&A at April, 4th 2024 from around 8 o'clock. Here you will have the opportunity to

• ask us specific questions about the new functions in DMXControl 3.3
    • get some food for thought for a specific use case within DMXControl 3
    • we look together at the intended use of a particular function, which may already be older
    • we give a short introduction to a function in DMXControl 3.3
    • we give you one or two practical tips in relation to DMXControl 3.3

If you have found a point that interests you, then make a note of it in this thread. You may not just ask one question. But please understand that if there are several questions, we will filter them a little in order to give everyone a chance. If the questions are urgent, they can of course also be discussed outside of this thread in advance.

Yours :dmxclogo DMXControl team :dmxclogo

• Hello team,

I would like to know if in a future release it could be possible to have an Input assignment wrapper to manager "the current Timecode show": my goal is to select Timecode show and manage start just by pressing my MIDI start button. It's currently possible for one Timecode show and I made an Input assignment bank to manage start, pause, stop and record but it's linked to a unique Timecode show.

Many thanks for all your job, always a pleasure to use DMXC.

• The timecodePlayer is by far the most exciting & useful new feature for me, but I understand that the issues with scrolling/zooming the timeline won't be resolved until the TCP interface is rewritten using a new framework, which I imagine is a big task.

Until this is improved, I find it quicker to navigate the audio using other software and then enter the timecodes for cues into the cuelist manually rather than use the TCP interface (which is what I do in DMXC3.2)

My question is: is this interface rewrite something that is currently in progress for the main release of 3.3, or will we have to wait for a future release for this?

Thanks again for all the work you guys put into this software.