Current output to cue / scene

• Hello,

when you want to store the current DMX values to a cue, that's impossible. Working directly with DMX values is against the basic concept of DMXControl 3. DMXControl 3 is speaking in "real world" values via using the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) to simplify the controlling the devices and especially the co-working of different devices. This is a short answer, why this feature is not available and will not be available in future.

But I guess, you have a specific goal, what you want to reach. If you would explain it, maybe you need only further assistance and some deeper knowledge to reach them.

Best regards, Stefan

• Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your answer and the good job with DMX control.

When playing around with the softdesk there is sometimes a lightning setting that is so nice i would like to save it.

So, the effects and lights setting that are currently playing (current output) store in a cue or scene.

gr.

Roland

ps looking forward to the 28 of december with the timecode announcement ;)

• When you built your softdesk in that way, that all set values came to the programmer, you can store them of course into a new cue.

But if it's more a good combination of different parallel running cues, then it's not possible to store these into a new cue. Here you need to keep in mind, which cuelists with which cues are currently running and then you can build up a new cue by merging the values step by step into it.

• Hi,

If that is the case, is there a way to control device intensity directly from external input?

I want to use my MIDI fader to control fixture's intensity, as if I use traditional fader-based console.

• Hi,

yes, there is a way by using the GrandMaster, GroupMasters or ParameterMasters. The first two types of masters are automatically created. The GrandMastr once and the GroupMasters for every Device Group you have in your project. Both master would be an "overall control". So you can use them to set the total brightness of all devices or a specific device group e.g. if you switch between locations and need to control the brightness for the individual situation. The ParameterMaster on the other hand is more flexible because it can be used in different areas of DMXC e.g. for the device parameters of a device or device group. You can even save this in a cue (that a certain device parameter is controlled by this master) and you can define as many ParameterMasters as you need.

In DMXC 3.2.3, those ParameterMasters are created "by use". So you simply type {ParameterMaster1} in a supported device parameter field in the device control (e.g. the dimmer), and it will be created automatically. From DMXC 3.3.0 on you need to define them in the Project Explorer (there you can define other masters link ColorMaster, PositionMaster or SpeedMaster as well). The usage is the same like in DMXC 3.2.3. You can also use a master at multiple locations. To save this usage in a cue, just add the masters you need to the device parameters and store the cue like you normaly would do. When recalling it, you can control the respective device parameters with those masters.

To link all of those masters to your Midi input, you simply go into the Input Assignment and add your Midi input as well as a master node per master to a connection set. Then you just have to link the respective Midi input with the intensity port of the master node. Maybe you will need a rule of three node in between both nodes to transfer the midi input range (usually 0..100 or 0..128) to the intensity port range (0..1).

I hope that this explanation was understandable. If not, please tell me :)

JP