How to automate the kernel?

• When I turn on my computer, how can I automatically run this DMXControl script? These commands work fine if I manually open the "DMXControl 3 Kernel" command line tool and type them in, but I don't know how to send these commands from the Windows command prompt. I just want our lights to turn on to their correct colors instantly once the computer turns on so the users don't have to click anything.

# Load our preset devices with their default RGB color values

load "C:\Users\FBC\Documents\SpotlightDMXConfig.zip"

# Set all 4 lights to 100% brightness

dmxout 10 255

dmxout 20 255

dmxout 30 255

dmxout 40 255

• JPK

Approved the thread.
  • Hello,

Currently there is no way to do this kind of automation. With DMXControl 3.2 and the new Input Assignment, there is a way to automatically run a cuelist on project load, so there you can create a cuelist setting the lights to that values and have that cuelist executed when the project is loaded.

Regards

Arne

• Can you give more details please? I created a Cuelist for the first time, and an Executor, but I'm stuck.

I'm looking at the Input Assignment settings, and I see under "Keyboard>None>Foo", there are lots of things to choose from but none of them look like Project Loaded. Which one on the left should I select so that as soon as the project loads, the Lumos goes to 100%?

Also, which one on the right should I select under the Cuelist? "GO"?

Thank you!

• This will be possible with the new version 3.2., which is not released, yet.

Regards

Moritz

I'm using version 3.2.1 now and I still don't see anything in the Input Assignment screen that looks like "On Project Load". How do I run a cue list as soon as the project is loaded?

Also, are there any plans to someday allow the Windows command prompt to send commands to the kernel like mentioned in the first post? That would be great because I could automatically turn on our lights as soon as the computer boots up instead of opening the program, loading the saved project, and clicking a button to turn on the lights.

Thank you.

• Also, are there any plans to someday allow the Windows command prompt to send commands to the kernel like mentioned in the first post? That would be great because I could automatically turn on our lights as soon as the computer boots up instead of opening the program, loading the saved project, and clicking a button to turn on the lights.

That's not really on the roadmap, but we plan to improve the way the software is started with 3.3 by having a seperate Loader Program which can be parameterized via the command line. At least you should be able to start the Kernel and have it loading a project of your choice.

Regards

Arne

• Right click in the empty connection set zone, you'll get a bunch of options for more things to Add. In Logic there is a Timer.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.