DDF for NJD Sceptre Coloured Flood

• Hello

I am struggling to get a DDF setup for the NJD Sceptre Coloured Flood, which has three controls, Brightness, Colour and Saturation

I selected the Generic HSV DDF for these floods but I am a little puzzled as the Maximum value that I am getting for Brightness (Value) and (Saturation) is 1 not 255

Please could you advise what I may be doing wrong?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    -<device ddfversion="1.0" dmxcversion="3" type="DMXDevice">
    -<information>
    <model>Generic HSV</model>
    <vendor>Generic</vendor>
    <author>Patrick Grote</author>
    <mode>8-Bit</mode>
    </information>
    -<functions>
    -<hsv>
    <hue dmxchannel="0"/>
    <saturation dmxchannel="1"/>
    <value dmxchannel="2"/>
    </hsv>
    </functions>
    </device>

I have attached the Sceptre manual, a screenshot showing the issue and some sample DDF's, that I have been working on to try and get it working.

I look forward to a solution :)

Thanks

• Hi and welcome in our forum,
    this could be a bug in the output functions of DMXControl 3. With the Update from 3.0.2 to 3.1 the developers have changed the scale of those parameters (from 0 - 255 into 0 - 1). Maybe there is still a scalling issue in it. Can you please add a ticket in our ticket system (https://dmxc.org/bugs). Although the Bugtracker is in german, you can add english tickets. Just click on "neue Aufgabe anonym anlegen" and add the description. Please refer to this thread as well because of your attached ddfs.
    regards :)
    JP

im Falle eines Falles klebt Gaffa einfach alles, denn Gaffa ist dein Freund und Helfer :thumbup:

• Hy, I just found it and fixed and optimized our tests so we find that kind of HSV related stuff earlier in future. What I found out as well is that Hue scales also wrong. Using a higher hue > 255 shouldn't work.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.