Group Masters return to zero on playback stop

• Hello!

I have 4 light Groups, for which I have assigned 4 input faders that control the level of their corresponding group masters. I have connected the faders to 4 midi channel Continuous Controllers to help me program the intensity of the groups while a Reaper project plays.

My purpose here is to have some pauses in my show between the songs, where a cue is triggered by a noteon event and then the project PAUSES. when the pause completes, the cue that I have designed to play during the pause, is stopped on another noteon event ( i use the toggle option for that case to be achieved ). This seems to work right! The problem comes when the midi controlled masters return to zero when the playback pauses! And that's even if they seem to be working on FULL on the input assignment graph viewer. Since it's a bit complicated to explain very well what I am experiencing, the following screenshot might help a bit more!

The "buggy" behaviour is depicted on the screenshots:

The toggle control has set "1" on the FULL input of all 4 group masters but at the same time...

The actual group master faders are all on set on zero!!!

The playback is paused, but the cue has been successfully triggered!

I would really appreciate a heads up with this because I have spent a lot of time and nothing that I have tried really had any outcome!

Thanks in advance!!!

David

• JPK

Approved the thread.
  • Hey there, i have come up with a workaround, but I would really appreciate if you could please explain me why do the master faders will return to zero once the playback is paused? and whether i can override this functionality??

thanks in advance!!!

• Hi,

when I look at your first Image, this connection set seems to be part of the bank "GNRC". Is this correct? If so, then this connection set does not work because the bank is disabled. This is indicated by the red bar unter the GNRC tab text. Or is this behavior even if you turn this bank back on? I tried to recreate your setup with the setup you see in the screenshots below. I used a keyboard key but with the Binary Switcher I switch between 0 and 1 and as you can see it worked :saint: