Posts by Heptagon

I really thought we had it there - with the "prism rotation" attribute (the space was inserted by the translate to English function - pity I didn't keep up my high school German).

But it still doesn't work. The prism is not something we need to use - we won't be using the fireworks in our usual productions, but I did want to get it right.

Perhaps someone with a Futurelight DMH-200 can have a look at it.

The latest is attached - do you want me to put it up through the web page?

Regards

Rod

I have tried a few options - none work:

XML
    <prism  dmxchannel = "17" >
      <prismrotation  />
      <step  type = "open"  mindmx = "0"  maxdmx = "3"  caption = "Open"  />
      <step  type = "prism"  mindmx = "3"  maxdmx = "255"  caption = "3-facet radial prism" >
        <step  type = "stop"  handler = "prism rotation"  mindmx = "3"  maxdmx = "4"  />
        <range  type = "ccw"  handler = "prismrotation"  mindmx = "127"  maxdmx ="5"  minval = "0.1"  maxval = "5"  />
        <range  type = "cw"  handler = "prismrotation"  mindmx = "128"  maxdmx = "255"  minval = "0.1"  maxval = "5"  />
      </step>
    </prism>

XML
    <prism  dmxchannel = "17" >
      <prismrotation  />
      <step  type = "open"  mindmx = "0"  maxdmx = "3"  caption = "Open"  />
        <step  type = "prism"  mindmx = "3"  maxdmx = "255"  caption = "3-facet prism" >
        <step  type = "stop"  handler = "prism rotation"  mindmx = "128"  maxdmx = "131"  />
        <range  type = "ccw"  handler = "prismrotation"  mindmx = "127"  maxdmx ="4"  minval = "0.1"  maxval = "5"  />
        <range  type = "cw"  handler = "prismrotation"  mindmx = "132"  maxdmx = "255"  minval = "0.1"  maxval = "5"  />
      </step>
    </prism>

Despite what the manual(s) say, the unit responds to the dmx values:

0..3 open (no prism)

4..127 slower to faster clockwise rotation

128..132 prism in place, no rotation

133..255 counterclockwise rotation.

It looks as though some other setting is inhibiting it - it just remains open. But I can't see any other place it could being inhibited.

Bye the way: what is the significance of 'mindmx = "191" maxdmx ="128"' in the example - with mindmx > maxdmx?

Thanks again

Thank you again for your help.

I have looked into the Futurelight 160 DDF, and it was a good starting point. The differences were some details in the rotating gobo wheel, the prism, frost and zoom.

I think it is now working for everything except the prism - and I must admit to not understanding the manual for the prism.

Anyway, I have attached the current version, and icons for the gobos.

If I can solve the prism, I will upload the DDF.

(The Futurelight manual seems to be much better than the Event Lighting version, and they are surprisingly different in format).

it sounds for me like there is a mistake in the manual itself.

:)You are right on the money there - the colours quoted in the manual are in the wrong order.

I now have a basic working DDF (attached).

It is not fully operational - for example once the colour wheel starts turning, I can't stop it.

Likewise the gobo wheels and the gobo rotation are unstoppable.

I would value any advice you can give me on these problems.

The other entries in the manual seem correct (attached), and I tested all the dmx values - all correct except the colour.

Thanks again

(More than happy to include the finished DDF in the device library when it's polished up).

In attempting to encode a DDF, I am having trouble with the <colorwheel> semantics.

The unit M1H200W has a colorwheel with 9 colours, but has the option to split colours.

I have coded it as:

Where the specs say Position 1 (open) dmx 0:2, Position 2 3:5, Position 3 6:8:, Position 4 9:11 etc. on the assumption that the even numbered positions are the split colours.

This almost works except that the colours come out in the reverse order, and Magenta (Position 2) doesn't happen - only 7 colours and white come out. (8 colours and open show on the Stage View).

Greetings

I have created a device definition file (xml) for a moving head unit (Event Lighting M1H200W), but now, how do I get the file recognised by the project explorer.

Also, is there a schema diagram for the DDF xml?