Posts by GazDJ

Everything is running on the same PC. I'll set up a second PC to try networking.

When I plug the stream deck into the pc (directly - not via a usb hub) it lights up with the stream deck logo. I installed the stream deck application, and I got a welcome button on the middle. I could also assign images and text to the various buttons, so I assume that all was ok. As nothing was working with DMX Control, I uninstalled the stream deck application at the same time that I reinstalled DMX Control 3.2. Do I need to install the stream deck app again?

When DMX Control is running, if I unplug the stream deck and re-plug it in, it shows the logo, but does not show up with any animations. I assume that I am correct in saying that I should not be running the stream deck application when DMX Control is running?

My stream deck was only purchased yesterday, so I would assume that it is running recent firmware. I may need to reinstall the stream deck app again to check this?

I backed up the folders, and uninstalled all copies (3.2 and 2.xx) on my system. Reinstalled a fresh copy of 3.2, and still can't see any instance of stream deck on the input assignment.

I also deleted the streamdeck program and control centre before reinstalling DMXcontrol 3.2.

I have attached a screenshot of the input assignment.

Can you let me know what log files that you need, and where I can find them.

Hi, I'm moving over from a Midi desk (APC Mini) to a Stream Deck (15 key) to control my lighting.

I've installed the stream deck application (and closed it on my windows 10 machine), but still can't see any instance of it here on the input assignment. From what I understand in one of the 'did you know' guides, that the stream deck will be accessed via it's serial number on the input assignment (so you can run more than one).

Do I need to do anything within DMX Control 3.2 to activate the stream deck and make it visible?

The stream deck is working properly. When I plug it in, it lights up with the stream deck logo, and when I launch the stream deck application, the middle button shows welcome. I just can't see it within DMX control (I've restarted windows and DMX Control since).

Thanks all :)

The "Did you know special #7" was a great help with the input assignments, and I've been able to map my midi inputs along with a visual indicator on my soft desk to show which one is active. Many thanks for this!!

I'm still trying to use the input assignment table to output to the midi desk. I would like to be able to light up a button on the midi desk when the corresponding cuelist is running.

I can create an output rule in the midi manager that will make the button light up, and another that will turn it off. But when I add this to the tree in input assignment, no matter what type of signal I feed it (true, false, 1 or 0) the button activates. There doesn't seem to be a way of making the button light up (or off) by inputting a value.

Is this a part that will be operational in a future update, or am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks as always for getting back to me!

So I can use the midi input to provide feedback. How does this work?

I have assigned a new rule (midi manager), and 'learnt' the midi command by pressing the button on my midi desk, and the values have been auto populated.

What values / options do I need to change in order to provide feedback to the button once it has been pressed?

Best regards,

Gareth

Hi JP, I've just installed 3.2 and am beginning to set everything up.

I've a APC mini midi controller that I use to control my light show, and this worked great in ver 2. I'm having problems learning how to set this up in ver 3.2.

I can go into MIDI manager, and from the device id in/0 select the create new rule set. I can then edit the new rule set and add a new rule. Pressing begin learn enables me to map the button, but I'm then lost from there as what all the other options mean / do.

I can drag the new ruleset in midi (input assignment) over to a cue, and the cue will run when I press the midi button. However, I would like to be able to create a toggle button as with ver2 - if I press the mini button again, the cue will stop. It would also be great to be able to make the button light up (also happened with ver2) to show that the cue is running.

Any help / guides for setting up and mapping midi input / output?

Many thanks for all your help!!!

EDIT - I've managed to be able to start and stop the cue now by adding a connection in the input assignment table (bypassed the binary switcher, and connected the new node to stop). Not sure if this is the correct way to do it, but it works for now :)

I'm still trying to figure out how to write a message to the APC mini. I've got a table for all the midi commands values, both for input and output. Can I use the midi output to write these values back to the APC, and if so, how to I link this to the input - ie. once an input value is detected to start cue1, I can write a value to light button 1.

Update... - I can now send a command to the APC, and light up the button by creating a new ruleset for midi out. However, this lights up the button straightaway with no user input. I need to find a way to tie this into the table, so I can link a midi out to run depending on the state of the cuelist. I tried this, but it brings up a dummy error message.

Am I even going about this in the correct way?

Gareth.

HI JP,

Thanks for the info!

I've added some cues for a light, and then grouped them together in a cuelist group.

Using the softdesk, I've added some buttons to control the light, and have set the softdesk buttons to toggle.

All the buttons have then been added to the cuelist via settings, (dragged over to the Go / Stop section of the cuelist).

Everything works. When I press button 1, light cue 1 starts. When I press it again, light cue 1 stops.

But, if I've pressed button 1 to start cue 1 - and then press button 2 to start cue 2, button 1 stays pressed, cue 1 stops and cue 2 starts.

Is there anyway to also combine the buttons in softdesk so that only one button in a 'group' can be pressed?

I'm also saving my project file to onedrive, which means I can work on my project from any location - and also have a current backup if a laptop should go down.

Everything saves fine, apart from the settings (which includes my softdesk mapping). Is there a way to also save the settings along with the project?

Best regards,

Gareth.

Hi JP,

many thanks for the reply :)

I'm going to go ahead and setup some cuelists, and use the softdesk to control everything for now, and then have a look again at the midi controls one the new version is released.

I think that I'm going to have some more questions, as there are a few things that I can't work out how to do yet (such as with DMXcontrol 2 you could assign chasers into groups, so only one chaser from within that group could run at a time).

Thanks again,

Gaz

Hi - I'm upgrading from DMX control 2 to 3 after the recent windows upgrade problem.

I'm currently creating new DDF's for all my light fixtures, and am now looking at learning the basics of the software in order to setup my first light show.

I have tried installing the Midi plugin. With DMX control 2, I used a APC mini controller to control my lights.

I have copied all of the (unzipped) files from the Midi plugin download to both the kernel/plugins and gui/plugins folders, but can't see any instance of the plugin on the DMX control GUI, or any way to enable it. Is there another file that I need in order for the plugin to work, or is there a specific place that I need to place the files / other option that I need to enable. I seen there was another post here on the forum about a file missing from the download - but the post was marked as resolved (with no replies).

I haven't even started to program any of my light shows yet, but wanted to get the software functional before I went any further.

Many thanks in advance.