Posts by JohannesStroe

Maybe you still have a wrong understanding of the general way the software works. The stage view basically shows the DMX-Output. The Programmer is a place to store programmed parameters. It does overwrite anything else programmed. Everything that is stored in the programmer can be saved as a cue, but if you load a cue, that doesn't mean you load it's information into the programmer. The programmer is just for programming, not for anything live. If you copy a cue, you will not copy those parameters, but the cue itself with its parameters included. I hope that this will gonna help you a bit.

Regards

Johannes

The programmer is just a place, where everything you have changed is stored. From there on you can save it to a cue, but need to clear the programmer after saving, because it overwrites every other setting.

Regards

Johannes

After you have completed your programming you need to clear the programmer, because the programmer overwrites all active cues. This should solve some of your issue in the first place.

Regards

Johannes

In DMX Control 2, if the operator makes a mistake, or needs to jump in on Cue 3, they can by double clicking it, and continuing the play list... is that also no longer supported? It says "editor: Cuelist" which suggests maybe it's a different screen to run the show with, but when I tried to assign a cuelist to Executor that didnt seem to be right.

Right click and goto

not really sure the points your making. I'm telling you what I do, you saying you don't doesn't solve my issue in any way? Saying I have the problem again doesnt solve the issue, unless you tell me how you would deal with the specific issue I've mentioned.

I wanted to show you, why DMXControl is programmed in the way it is and not in the way, you suggested.

Regards

Johannes

The programming behind DMXC3 is very well thought through. Why would you save every Parameter, if you can also just save the interesting, the changed settings. This comes in very handy, if you search for a mistake in your lightshow, because you can skip searching through all the saved data, but instead you just look at it and directly see your mistake

Regards

Johannes

and I really dont understand how people cope without it

Unfortunatley for you, everyone else could live without it until now;). I think you got a problem, which can be solved easily within the software, but not in the way you expect it to be solved.

Regards

Johannes

Hello,

unfortunately there is no english translation of the DDF section in the wiki yet, but maybe you could have a look at the german wiki and use a translator. The Google Translator Chrome-extension might come in handy there. An English translation in the Wiki is planned in the future.

Regards

Johannes

I have build something, which may fit your needs. Just place your devices in the given groups and remove mine. If you want to expand it, you need to bring in another button in the softdesk (set PassThrough and IsToggle to "true"), clone a connectionset, replace the softdesk button in the bank and change your group node to the new group.

Merry Christmas

Johannes