Posts by Stefan Krupop

I just put together an output plugin for this interface for DMXControl 3.

As we do not own one of these, please test the plugin with your interface (especially channels 1 and 512) and report back. Thanks!

The archive needs to be uncompressed into the "Kernel" directory of your DMXC3 installation. This way, FASTTime32.dll and K8062D.dll should end up in the "Kernel" directory itself while the other files end up in the "Plugins" subdirectory.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Please try to run the "DLL für Com registrieren.exe" as an Administrator by right-clicking it and selecting "Run as administrator".
    Witout admin privileges I had the same error, with them it seems it was successful, but I can not test the plugin right now.

Stefan

As Arne already said, an "official" plugin only exists for DMXC 3. But user "Ponk" independently developed a plugin for DMXC 2. Is this what you are using?

The forum thread is here, but it's in German:

Angebot: Plugin für Eurolite free DMX Wi-fi Interface AP und DMX-Control 2

I myself did not try this plugin, so I have no experience.

What steps have you already done to get the plugin running?

Do you need a translation of the necessary steps detailed in the thread and/or readme file?

Kind regards,

Stefan

In getSensorValue() you get the parameter "sensorNr". This is the index of the sensor (from my_sensors) that you should return the values for.

In the code you have

Code
    1. if (sensorNr == 0) {

simply add an

Code
    1. } else if (sensorNr == 1) {

and duplicate the assignments for your other sensor.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Actually, I was the one who added the sensor capabilities to the library.

Please find attached my demo sketch I used for that (rename from .txt to .ino). It adds one temperature sensor. This should make clear how the sensor part works. You basically define the sensors you have and give that to the library. Then there is a callback function where you return the values for the sensor that is asked for.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Files

• RDMDemo.txt

(8.65 kB, downloaded 114 times, last: )

Maybe you could switch to using Art-Net as the DMXC output and an external Program to output that to the uDMX?

Have a look here: https://www.illutzmination.de/udmx-artnet.html?&L=2

Maybe trying his output plugins is also worth a shot (if it's not what is currently used anyway): https://www.illutzmination.de/dmxcontrol.html?&L=2

German is the default compiled-in language. In fact, the German language file is mostly empty. Therefore, you cannot really remove german.

I wonder why it keeps switching...

However, the currently active language is stored in the registry. You shoud be able to switch to english by simply double clicking the attached file after removing the .txt file suffix.

Kind regards,

Stefan

DMXC auto-sets the channel count to the highest channel that was changed in the session. So if you only output values on channels 1 to 10, the SetChannelCount function of the interface DLL will be called with "10". If you change channel 20 for the first time, it will be called with 20.

Stefan

This speed is only for the configured plugin (Enttec OpenDMX). It has no effect on other plugins or DMXC itself.
    DMXControl 2 does not have a fixed output timing. It processes channels as they change and forwards them to the output plugin.
    If the update rate should be limited, the output plugin in responsible.

Stefan

But I suppose flickering problems with WS2812 probably are not caused by the DMX interface. I think it is more likely a timing issue of the LED controller (you probably can't change that) or a power problem. Do you feed your supply voltage from both ends of the string or just one?

Stefan

The settings of the plugin probably will be in the registry in the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\DMXControl\Plugins" hive.
    That DMXC shows "unsupported plugins" when they are disabled in the plugin administrator and DMXC is run without admin priviledges is perfectly normal - that is what the plugin administrator is for.

Stefan

In your project directory is a file ending with ".TrackList.bak". Try to use that file by first renaming the ".TrackList" file to somethink else, then remove the .bak ending from the other file.

Kind regards,
    Stefan

At least for the 2.x-Series there will be defenitely NO Mac version (DMXC 2.x is written in VB6, which is not available for Mac OS).
    Even for the 3.x-Series it is very unlikely, and for the next time definitely will not happen.
    Sorry, but currently DMXC is Windows-only.

Stefan

For performance reasons, the status of the "fade" setting for each affected channel is saved in each scene. So when you change the setting in the DDF, you will have to also update your scene or save a new one. Maybe this is the problem?

Stefan