I try to give you some help - but I can't rebuild your problem itself, because I've always used a Windows XP computer.
I copied the plugin to the root install folder, then ran the pluginadmin program, this time it appeared under the output plugins tab. I ran the program and put a check in it. So i was trying to use it as a regular plugin instead of an output plugin, and it seems to work now. But i am stuck again! I tried to find english documentation but couldn't.
It says now error during activation- the callee (server [not server application]) is not available and disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call may have executed. try again?
Please try to eliminate some common "errors" through checking this:
- Run DMXControl and BeamerTool.exe as Administrator (right click on exe => run as Administrator)
- Check Firewall settings (to be really shure, disable your internet connection and afterwards your firewall)
- be shure a network connection (cable / wifi) is established (a connection to your router/hub/switch is enough)
After this start DMXControl. Go on with a) or b)
a) Enable the Beamerout.dll Plugin using the checkbox - you shouldn't do any other configuration to the plugin
b) Enable and Configure ArtNet
Now you can start BeamerTool.exe (don't forget Administratior Rights)
- if you're using ArtNet then press Keyboard Button "o" for options to configure the ArtNet Settings for BeamerTool
- Press Keyboard Button "i" to show informations about BeamerTool. Now there should be a bottom line writing something like "//ArtNet/..." or something else with lots of zeros
- If the line doesn't show up right ahead from start then try changing some dmx channel values at DMXControl (it really doesn't matter which channel and which value - only if it's the same universe your sending through your Output Plugin to the BeamerTool - should be channel 1-512)
Please excuse me I haven't got the software here right now to get the right expressions. I can only write what I can remember and it's half a year ago when I used it last time.
Please try this and if it doesn't work, tell me exactly what you've done and at which point an error occurs.