Select 'Intensity' and use Scroll Wheel

• Hello/Hallo!

Feature suggestion: Ability to use scroll wheel to adjust Intensity of a fixture, after selecting it.

Idea: Select fixture, click Intensity scroll bar, then use the mouse wheel to rapidly get to the target value. NOTE: some scroll wheels don't have the 'bump' in them i.e. Mac mouse. Some can be fine controlled :). A lot of mice in Windows seem to do a 3 line scroll rather than Mac ones which have a finer control. Maybe others have fine control too, but they are the only ones I have used.

Hows about a setting also for how sensitive the mouse wheel is? - experimental i would guess with many different scroll wheel types.

I hope this is a good idea - it would link the old 'golf ball' wheels of the consoles with mouse wheel of the PCs.

Tony

many edits - brain running on more beer than common sense/spelling

• Hi!

If you use the submasters then you are able to use the mousewheel as you suggested. And even if I open for example the generic dimmer and click on the intensity-bar I can control it with my scrollwheel.
    It also runs in steps of 1 (0 to 255). So what is not working on you computer?
    By the way: in most windows-systems you can adjust the amount of lines the scrollwheel scrolls in your mouse settings.

Sorry, perhaps I misunderstand you idea, but for everythings works like desired. Or do you refer to DMXControl 3? Then it's for sure a feature that was not implemented because there was simply no time to do it. ;)

Hoc

Mein Equipment:
    1x Hirn | 2x Augen (leicht defekt) |2x Ohren | 1x Mund |32x Zahn (zum Teil V1.5) | 1x Handundfuß-Interface

*SCNR*

• I'm afraid we have to split the international part of our forum in a [2] and [3]-section soon... :)
    But a nice cause to tell again that DMXControl 3 will not have all the gadgets and features of DMXC2 from version 3.0 on. A lot of things will follow later.

Hoc

Mein Equipment:
    1x Hirn | 2x Augen (leicht defekt) |2x Ohren | 1x Mund |32x Zahn (zum Teil V1.5) | 1x Handundfuß-Interface

*SCNR*

• Hello,

Yes, I was referring to DMXC 3. I should have said!

I have not tried DMXC 2 - maybe if I did, I would have known about scrolling already working.

Thank you for your replies - I will sit back and watch to see what is added to DMXC 3.

Tony

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.