Error during initialization of plugin...

• Hello there,

I hope you can help me. I've been using DMX Control for about four years on a single PC, and I use it as part of my sound and lighting hire system. I decided recently that I would get hold of another rack PC for taking out and about in case the first stopped working for some reason.

However, in the process of putting together this install of DMX Control, I've come up against a few problems. I've managed to get all my programs transferred, all my MadMaxOne settings running, but what I am having difficulty with is actually initializing the DMX interface, my Aurora Afterglow 2.

The error is very non-specific, and I've gone through all the threads I can find related to the type of problem on here. I've even tried the Pluginadministrator.exe app but with no success.

Attached is an image which is at the heart of the problem, and any suggestions would be appreciated, as I've not had this kind of problem before.

Regards,

Daniel Edwards

• Hi!

You wrote about your other system. Is it running the same version/configuration?
    Your Interface is not very wide spread among the team here, so this might be the reason why nobody answered until now.

Hoc

Mein Equipment:
    1x Hirn | 2x Augen (leicht defekt) |2x Ohren | 1x Mund |32x Zahn (zum Teil V1.5) | 1x Handundfuß-Interface

*SCNR*

• The only major difference is that the PC here is an Intel Celeron 1.6, simply because its a 1U 19" rack PC. The other PC is a 64 bit AMD PC. Both are running Windows XP Pro with SP3.

The old config is running DMX Contol 2.10, and here I've installed the latest 2.12 version. All the drivers on both are exactly what came on the CD with the Aurora Afterglow2.

I don't understand what the problem is here. I would have thought it would just run fine like the other setup. I have managed to install DMX Control with the version 2.12 and the Aurora Afterglow on many installation jobs in the past at a number of venues but I going round in circles with this one.

Thanks for replying.

Daniel

• Hi!

Uh, that is really mysterious. A Celeron with XP should be no problem at all. And if you installed the 2.12 with the Aurora-Interface successfully on other systems it should work on this one like on the other ones.

Sorry, I am out of knowledge, too. :(

Perhaps someone of the development-Team could help. Elsewhere you have to contact the author of the plugin. As far as I can see, this is the manufacturer of the interface itself.

Good luck,
    Hoc

Mein Equipment:
    1x Hirn | 2x Augen (leicht defekt) |2x Ohren | 1x Mund |32x Zahn (zum Teil V1.5) | 1x Handundfuß-Interface

*SCNR*

• Hi

As there is afterglow in the pluginname i have an guess. Some while ago the afterglow plugin was rewritten and now is the Enttec OpenDMX plugin.

Just try your interface with the preinstalled Enttec OpenDMX USB /..... or this one from here .

Should be the same plugin but you never know.

Edit: The plugin preinstalled with the 2.12.1 should be the newest. In 2.12 there were same changed to this plugin.

Also found this here in the Releasenotes of the 2.12

* DMX-Interfaces:** Added EntTec Pro and SoundLight USBDMX-ONE output plugins
    ** Added FX5 to name of DE output plugin
    ** Removed "Afterglow Slim" plugin from installation
    ** DMX4All Output Plugin: Added deferred sending to fix problems with older interfaces (FS#158)
    ** Enttec OpenDMX: Fixed enumeration problem with multiple ** interfaces
    ** Digital Enlightenment Interface: Mode change is now automatically applied (FS#698)

Philipp

• Thank you Hoc, and thank you Phil,

I'm pleased to report that the Enttec Open DMX USB plug in works perfectly - so far. I need to get the entire system set up to see if there are any problems, as I only have one moving head to hand at the moment. Communication with the Afterglow seems to be running at the full 44 fps.

I can't understand why this works but the purpose built Afterglow plug-in doesn't. It seems to be very hit and miss. I may have to look into another USB controller for peace of mind. Is there anything in the 100 Euros mark you would recommend?

Warm regards,

Daniel

• Hi,
    there is an online project called digital enlightenment and they have designed a very good interface. It is very stable, has a DMX-In, the DMX signal is configurable and it has a galvanic isolation to protect your PC. But this interface is a self-made-interface and you have to build it on your own. The project data is for free (but in german) and all components cost about 60€ to 70€. You can find the project data here (the project data is on the botom of the linked page at "Selber bauen"). There is a shop for built interfaces as well, but as I know, they only send those interfaces to addresses in germany.
    Regards
    JP

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.