Cuelist as submaster

• Hi guys,

I have a question about submasters and cuelists. Hopefully somebody here can help or suggest a better way of doing things. While I have tried reading the manual, i am certaintly missing some details in the german-english google translation.

Basically I want to setup the submasters to control color, gobo, movement patterns etc... Each submaster should control one attribute for one fixture and let me see chich colour/gobo will be selected once I switch from submaster a-b.

At the moment I am using other software which allows the submaster to select cues from a cuelist. This is ideal because I can save each color to a different cue and select the color I want using the submaster. Can I do this in DMXC? I can set it up so that a submaster outputs a dmx channel. This will select colors, but unless I can remember the exact dmx value for each color, I am lost.

Can anyone suggest a solution or a better way to do this? I am using my setup for live music on both Bands and DJ's. I have no rehearsal time with the artists so a solution which lets me change things up on the fly is essential.

Thanks!

• Hi,
    the Submaster of DMXContol 2 can not show the selected gobo or color. But there are other ways to get the result you want:

• You can use the DDF-UI. When you klick on a DDF in the graphical view, there will popup a little yellow window, which represent the selected fixture. This window can be fixed and it is completely costumizable by changing the DDF-File. There you can define dropdown-menus and sliders for each function of a fixture.
    • The more common way is to use the command box linked with the effect sequencer. You could not setup any sliders in the command box but you can generate as many costumizable buttons as you need (ok, max. 4000 buttos, but who need so many buttons? ;)). There is a picture of a example command box from one user of DMXC in the manual, where you can see his configuation. By clicking on a button you can select dmx device functions or start/stop effects in the effect sequencer. If you use effects for each button you can start complex movements and chaser. The user "LightningBrothers" in this forum has developed a realy usefull way to programm those effects (some users call this way the "york standard", cause this "standard" is used in a german disco called York). Maybe he could translate the programming concept (here, only german) into english.

regards
    JP

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.