midi

• Hello all I do hope someone will reply to this thread. I simply can't get DMXC to accept MIDI control I have tested my MIDI keyboard with Cubase and set up DMXC as per the manual but it doesn't work. I have also tried internal midi software to send midi control from SCS but still no joy can anyone suggest anything ?

• Before we start here with those simple "did you plug the right plug"-questions:
    What Did you already setup in DMXC in order it reacts on midi commands?
    Did you assign DMXC-Commands to Midi events (Menue "Settings", "Midi remote control..."? Did you activate MIDI-Input (Menue "Window", "Midi remote control"). Take care this window keeps open.
    What do you expect DMXC to do via midi-commands? (activate and deactivate effects, proceed in a scene list, use velocity values as dim-values...)
    Pobably you can make screenshots of the midi-setup window.
    There are plenty of people around here in the forum who use midi commands (sent from a keyboard or another midi controller) to activate and de-activate effects, proceed in scene lists ... So I'm quite sure, you'll get your system running quite soon!

Do you have midi-ox installed? I do not know how good cubase's midi-analysis functions are. As I do not have, I used midi-ox to analyze what happens.

• Hello and thanks for taking the time to reply, I have now got midi working, it was just a case of getting all the settings right. I am using LoopBe1 internal midi software on My XP laptop but I can't get this working on my Win7 desktop I have to use a physical midi in out. Is it possible to make the security code images a bit easier to read on this forum as it always take me 5-6 tries before it will accept it

• Hello and thanks for taking the time to reply, I have now got midi working, it was just a case of getting all the settings right. I am using LoopBe1 internal midi software on My XP laptop

Does it mean that your DMXC-Midi-Issue is solved?

Is it possible to make the security code images a bit easier to read on this forum as it always take me 5-6 tries before it will accept it

Why not subscribe as a full forum member? There is no need to read captchas as a regular member.

• I know I am a member, and perhaps I am already automatically signed in. If this message shows cadcoke5 as the user name, then I am apparently signed in and didn't realize it.

I actually am using an old computer since my newer one died a number of weeks ago. So, this computer does not have the cookies the other did. But, perhaps I have forgotten that I did sign in somewhere.

I am able to post, but like you, cannot see where to sign in or out.

Joe Dunfee
    [edit - I see I was signed in, by the appearance of my username on the message. Perhaps once you are signed in, the board will not allow you to see the log-on choice. Nor will it give you the ability to log off]

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.