dmxcontrol 2.10 rc1

• any news on current progress?

i try reading the german forum sometimes and i saw that there was a new release candidae for 2.10

could you translate the release notes into english?

at least the new features and instalation instructions?

thanks!

[edit: I have changed "2.9.10" to 2.10, Frank]

• Hello,

yes, we already delivered the release candidate version 1 of DMXControl 2.10 to friendly users in Germany. I'm afraid some translations into English language are still missing.

We asked the users for attention in using this release candidate and saving all projects and the old version before installing 2.10.
    In version 2.10 a lot of bugs are fixed. Furthermore following features are provided:

- number of DMX channels is increased to 1024
    - remote control by PDA tool is supported, new remote interface also for Webbrowsers
    - better usability for scene repository (tree view extensions, menu point)
    - direct modification of scene settings in save dialogue form are possible now
    - new scene type "composition scene" is supported (compisition of scenes/presets)
    - audioplayer now interpolates DMX output if you jump to arbitrary time position
    - scaling and offset for pan/tilt for adaption to several stages
    - new commands are introduced (e.g. for text book)
    - extended plugin interface
    - improvement for MIDI processing
    - fade of scenes at submaster (assignment of commands to submaster)
    - extensions in shape editor for moving scenes
    - global speed master

download:
    http://www.dmxcontrol.de/files/DMXControl%202.10_RC01.zip

Installation:
    There is no setup, but you have to update three files in existing installation folder of DMXControl:
    DMXControl.exe
    ColorTools.ocx
    DMXCTypeLib.dll
    The last one must be registered for Windows, e.g.:
    regsvr32 "C:\Programme\DMXControl\DMXCTypeLib.dll"

Please, save the existing files before you copy the new ones into this folder!!

In addition, there is a new plugin administrator tool for registering plugins with Vista.
    For reasons of testing you can switch between versions 2.9 and 2.10 with provided scripts in the zip file (but you should use it only, if you understand the lines of the .bat-files).

Have fun with DMXControl 2.10 RC1 ! But remember - its only for testing.

Best regards Stefan, Frank and the DMXControl team

• Here is the RC1 of PDA tool:

downloads is available with setup for ActiveSync and as simple Zip:

Setup: http://www.dmxcontrol.de/files…-2-DMXC_1.0_RC1_Setup.exe
    ZIP: http://www.dmxcontrol.de/files…-DMXC_1.0_RC1_NoSetup.zip

You need a PDA with Windows Mobile 2000 oder newer, and .Net Compact Framework 1.0 or higher.

CF1.0 Setup: http://www.dmxcontrol.de/files…ramework/NETCFSetupv1.msi

regards Arne and Frank

• Bug in DMXControl v2.9 and v2.10RC1
    DMX interface: MiniDMX
    MIDI interface: M-AUDIO MIDISPORT 1x1 and MPU-401 (standard interface on desktop PC motherboard)
    MIDI controller: MidiBOX

The sequence of the scanner stops (channel PAN or less often TILT do not change) if SUBMASTER varies MIDI events. At this time in a window CHANNEL VIEW channel scanner PAN ( or TILT) is displayed as operated through MIDI remote (Its color varies on violet). It occurs only when for the scanner is in addition used MIDI management on a straight line (midi config: module=Gerate, Gerat/function:scaner, channel: PAN or TILT) or through SUBMASTER (midi config: module=Submaster, Gerat/function:Set value, channel:1..12)

• Bug in DMXControl v2.10RC1
    DMX interface: Enttec Pro (over pro widget toolkit through artnet)

Errormessage when opening graphical view - 35603
    Also when trying to add tab.
    Have to click Forsetzen mit nechsten befehl to continue working, and no new tab appear.

tried to enclose err-file, but "file too big"

• Hey Stefan.

I have now tried with new project, i.e. the empty default, with the same results.

1. When opening graphical view, and any graphical change within there is an error msg (see zipped file _gv.err). All functions work, except adding tab.

2. When opening midi-input config there are countless error messages (30 in zip file. I included them because they were different, but after 30 my patience ran out). The window eventually opens, but midi input is not possible. And, if midi-links (top window) were created in 2.9, they are gone when opening the same project in rc1.

Also, when running effects (e.g. a chase with standard lights), the intensity slider does not change anything, only if the chase is running moving-heads, where they change level on the shutter channel. This, however, seems intended.

Kim

Original von Kimbo
    1. When opening graphical view, and any graphical change within there is an error msg (see zipped file _gv.err). All functions work, except adding tab.

2. When opening midi-input config there are countless error messages (30 in zip file. I included them because they were different, but after 30 my patience ran out). The window eventually opens, but midi input is not possible. And, if midi-links (top window) were created in 2.9, they are gone when opening the same project in rc1.

Both of these problems seem to have to do with the version of the common controls library on your system. However I have changed the code so that the bug is hopefully fixed. Please try again with the RC2 when it is released (soon).

Original von Kimbo
    Also, when running effects (e.g. a chase with standard lights), the intensity slider does not change anything, only if the chase is running moving-heads, where they change level on the shutter channel. This, however, seems intended.

This seems to be a problem with the DDF you use. Could you please attach it?

Stefan

• I sorted out the intesity change. The master channel was not included in the effect...

About the other problem - I got the same results from two different computers, one running english sp2, the other norwegian sp3. And with both midi works fine in 2.9.

I'll try with rc2 when it's released.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.