Relative values on COLOR property of fixture

• Hello!

I was thinking that it would be very helpful, on creating a modular and reusable show, if there was the REL button somehow also on the COLOR attribute. That way we could create effects that modulate also the color values of a fixture without having to make new cuelists for each color we want to modulate with a certain effect!

this REL attribute probably could have two alternatives REL HUE and REL SAT for hue and saturation respectively.

On my projects I have my color cuelists for my groups, faders for the master dimmer of each group and effects cuelists that sit upon the groups in an effort for efficient and reusable workflow!

The relative manipulation of the COLOR attribute would help a lot in that direction!!

Cheers!!!

David

• nutzer99

Approved the thread.
  • Hey David,

when I got you right, I was asking for the same feature and it seems that this is scheduled for Version 3.3. From this video you get an impression:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Maybe it works for you with English subtitles. Currently some a workaround would could be done with parameter masters, but since they are also a bit tricky to manage in DMXControl 3.2.3, I will just wait for version 3.3.

Does someone of the crew has a rough schedule for when version 3.3 is planned to come out?

When I look in the bug tracker, there are still some items without progress for version 3.3:

DMXC Bugtracker -DMXControl 3: Aufgabenliste

But I'm not sure how up-to-date this is.

• Hi and welcome in our forum,

The relative manipulation of the COLOR attribute would help a lot in that direction!!

we discussed internally about relative colors (while discussing about all relative value types) and decided, to not implement them (at least for now). There are some issues because there is more than just the hue and saturation value in the color object. One problem arises i.e. by controlling the color channel directly in the device control. Then there is no good solution to match an other rel hue value on it.

However, as tomek already stated, we have implemented color master in DMXControl 3.3 as a way to control the colors of scenes and effects.

Does someone of the crew has a rough schedule for when version 3.3 is planned to come out?

Currently, we have no release date. There were planes to release DMXControl 3.3.0 at the end of this year. But we can not guarantee this.

But I'm not sure how up-to-date this is.

The bug tracker is up-to-date because it is our platform to organize open development tasks ;). However, there are small tickets and large tickets so the bare amount of them can not be used as an indicator of how long it takes to finish DMXControl 3 ;) In addition, there is also our beta tester team, which uses in some parts separate lists.

Regards

JP