Long audio file / timecode

• Hi all,

Does anybody have experience of running long shows on timecode in DMXC3?

I'm creating a light show to go with a pre-recorded DJ set which is 90 minutes long.

I would like to have all the cues triggered by timecode, but I am reluctant to use DMXC3 to play the audio in case there are any problems (for example a computer crash or losing power), because I wouldn't be able to restart the music from a particular point in DMXC3.

Is it possible to take timecode from another external source - for example this software: https://timecodesync.com/player/

And if so, how do I set that up?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Phil

• Hey,

Good idea not to play the music via DMXC, I had a similar scenario already and noticed that it doesn't work. That's because DMXC is a 32-bit application and therefore can't use your RAM, which means you should definitely play the music differently.

To control the whole thing via timecode is to my knowledge the best possibility at the moment (until 3.3), another possibility would be to work with "follow cues", I prefer to do that but I would still recommend you timecode just for the reason that you can get the timecode from other programs.

If this works with the program you mentioned I can't tell you, just try it. But what would be a possibility: OS2L-Plugin.

I hope I could help you a little bit^^

Lg

• Unfortunately I don't think the OS2L plugin will solve my problem.

As I understand, OS2L can provide a beat signal and a clock time, but there is not currently a way to connect the OS2L clock time to the timecode that drives the cuelist in DMXC.

From what I have read, timecode is an input which will be introduced in DMXC3.3. ( https://wiki-de.dmxcontrol-pro…le=Input_Assignment_DMXC3 )

If a beta tester is needed for the new timecode features I would be happy to volunteer! 🙋🏻 Almost all of the light shows that I program are timecode based

• From what I have read, timecode is an input which will be introduced in DMXC3.3. ( https://wiki-de.dmxcontrol-pro…le=Input_Assignment_DMXC3 )

With version 3.3 we will introduce the so called timecode player, which can play audio files, cuelists and others in the way a video editing software / DAW works. There you can start and stop at any point in the audio file. For a little sneak peak, we showed an early version view in the following video:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

However, the 32-bit problem Beni200 described is valid for this too. We are working on the 32-bit issue as well, but we can not say, if we can fix it already in the 3.3. An external timecode input is currently not available and we are currently not working on it. This will maybe part of a future version.

im Falle eines Falles klebt Gaffa einfach alles, denn Gaffa ist dein Freund und Helfer :thumbup:

Edited 3 times, last by JPK ().

• Oh, sorry, was my mistake, have that simply mixed up. Otherwise I have no idea how you get the timecode into DMXC, but I'm sure someone else here has an idea^^

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.