Chauvet Intimidator 2.0 605a

• Hello DMXControl folks. I'm quite the n00b here and am going thru DMXControl 3, hoping it will help me control the lights, fog machine and anything else I can for my band.

That said, the Tutorials are great and I am going thru them now, but have already noticed the fixtures I have in the header of this post are not available as devices in the program.

So, my question is, do I continue reading and going thru the tutorials and that will guide me on creating the fixtures from scratch or is that something that has to be added by you fine people?

Thanks!

Dave

• JPK

Approved the thread.
  • Hi and a warm welcome in our comunity :),

unfortunately there is no information about creating DDFs (device definition files) in our DMXControl tutorials. We have only a description of the DDF syntax in our german wiki ?( But I will help you and create the DDF for you. The only thing you have to do is to make good pictures of the gobos of your device (open color filter, as less distortion as possible, good contrast,...) and the order of that gobos. Those images are needed because DMXControl 3 use them for internal calculation in the hardware abstraction layer (H.A.L.) to choose the right gobo.

Regards

JP

im Falle eines Falles klebt Gaffa einfach alles, denn Gaffa ist dein Freund und Helfer :thumbup:

Edited 2 times, last by JPK ().

• Hi,

try it with this DDF. It is a first draft and not completed yet. But you can now control some basic functions of your device. Only the gobos and the color / gobo strobe channel (which I have to ask how to define it) are not functional. The rest should work fine.

Regards

JP

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.