Color Chase on Matrix Device

• Hello,

I know you can create a matrix of fixtures and assign a color chase effect to them, but does anyone know how to assign a color chase to a matrix in a fixture? I have a LED RGB wash with 8 pixels. The only way I found to make it work in the system is to have a matrix assigned to each pixel. How can I use effects on these, like chases? I will be very happy if I can get a simple rainbow chase to work on a single fixture.

• Hoc

Approved the thread.
  • Hi,

you are right. In the current version of DMXControl 3 (3.1 series) there is only one beam per device. As a workaround you have to add a fixture in the software for every pixel of your device. Then you can assign effects on these pixel fixtures. For a better handling, you can also assign all pixels of a device to a device group. Then you have allready the correct order stored in the group and you can easiely program your chaser by assigning effects on the group.

In future (3.2 or 3.3 series) you will be able to assugn multiple beams to one device. With this multibeam-devices you will be able to add your device with it's pixels as a single device.

regards

JP

• I thought I would follow up. I was able to set these pixel bars as a device (matrix of 8 rgb). I found in the effects and filters pane, there was a matrix effects tab. Those effects could be applied to the matrix of each individual fixture. That got the effect I was looking for. Then, I used the matrix device, and combined all of the pixel fixtures into one larger matrix to allow use of the more advanced effects like plasma and random strobes.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.