Dimmer irresponsible

• Hello.
    My custom built Nodle U1 device is working in our home theater, where we use some generic dimmer rack. But when I try to use this dimmer device, it is unresponsible. The dimmer is working with any other dmx console, but not with Nodle. When I connect the dmx cable from nodle to dimmer it says "Dmx received" on the LCD, but then nothing happens and I can't control it. I can't find any data if this dimmer uses any special DMX signal or anything specific. Nodle definetly works, but it is strange that it doesn't work on this dimmer. Does anyone have any idea, what could be wrong?
    PS.: I am using QLC+ software if it's of any help..

• Hi,
    this maybe comes from the absolute correct DMX signal of the nodle. Some DMX devices doesn't support that, because the manufacturer use cheap components. To solve this problem, you can change the dmx signal parameters in the nodle (thats the reason, why we add such a function). Just change the break time a little bit (about 5 - 10 digits) and try it again. If this doesn't help, do another change till you came to a change of about 50 or 60 digits. Then start to change the mark time too. Beware, the smaler the change is, the better is the refresh rate of the DMX signal. So it is important to do as few changes as posible.

Regards
    JP

• This configuration can be done in the interface settings. I don't know, how this works in QLC+ but there should be a configuration dialog for the interface. If not, you can use the configuration tool in the project achive of the nodle. With it, you can not configure every parameter, but there is a "fast" and a "save"-configuration (you find it under "parameter")

• Hi......most monitors seem to be designed to have brightness set up to be normal for most people somewhere around 20%. You should not ordinarily be setting it much higher than that, unless the monitor is particularly old and faded.

It's quite common to set it much dimmer than that, all the way down to 0%. Generally speaking, the darker the room is, the lower the brightness should be set. PWM-free monitors are a good idea if you are working in very dim rooms, because some cheap and irresponsibly designed PWM monitors may have flicker at Hz low enough for those sensitive to flicker to notice when brightness is set that low.
    Don't use monitors or TVs in a completely dark room. That's a shortcut to eyestrain. You need a certain minimum of light in the room. Bias lighting, which is simply having a dim light bulb on behind the monitor, is a good idea to mitigate eyestrain.

printed circuit board

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.