Atmega fuses

• Hello.
    I recenty built my own version of smd pcb for nodle1 with small modifications. Now, I just have to program the atmega32u4. But I can't find any information about fuse bits. Can someone please tell me which fuses must be writen?
    Thank you.

• Hi,
    there's already a bootloader on the ATMega32U4 !
    If you pull down Pin HWB and performing a Reset, the ATMega will start it's internal DFU-Bootlader.
    Then you can Upload the .hex-File by Using Atmels FLIP!-Tool via USB.

Atmega was empty. I bought it on ebay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hm, thats strange !
    If the ATMega32U4 was a new one, there must be a DFU-Bootloader which you can program with Atmels Flip-Tool via USB.
    This is so specified by Atmel and is also sold by Atmel.

Maybe you got a "China"-One ?
    Or you haven't installed the DFU-Drivers before you tried to program with FLIP.

• If you buy an Arduino Uno clone from China, the serial interface chips are not what you might expect. The serial interface is a CH340 UART and it requires a different driver than the one supplied with either the Arduino or ATMEL software.

• If you buy an Arduino Uno clone from China, the serial interface chips are not what you might expect. The serial interface is a CH340 UART and it requires a different driver than the one supplied with either the Arduino or ATMEL software.

rieka, we don't talk about Arduino ! We talk about the bare Microcontroller - these are directly shipped from Atmel with preloaded DFU-Bootloader. There's no Serial to USB Chip or similar.

• Hm, thats strange !
    If the ATMega32U4 was a new one, there must be a DFU-Bootloader which you can program with Atmels Flip-Tool via USB.
    This is so specified by Atmel and is also sold by Atmel.

Maybe you got a "China"-One ?
    Or you haven't installed the DFU-Drivers before you tried to program with FLIP.

Yeah, it was "China"-One. Maybe it wasn't new at all. It was definetly empty, I checked it with ISP programmer. Anyway, I loaded bootloader with my ISP programmer and then programmed it with FLIP. So, no harm at all :)

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.