Winamp Intergaration

• I am new to DMX software (Yes I am slow), but as a long time user of a physical mixing board, I have to say that the software is amazing. Great job to those who created it! Here is my issue and what I am trying to achieve. I did not have winamp installed prior to the DMXControl 2, so after I installed winamp, I looked for the two files and found DMXControl.avs in the winamp folder, but can not locate DMXControl.ape anywhere. I am using the audioplayer and it works great, but I have 15 different songs, each with different commands at different times. Will Winamp let me play these song in a playlist and DMXControl recognize it and send send the commands? My only other thought to get the 15 songs to play as a continuous file is to merge them all together and create one file, a 45 minute song. Any help on this issue is appreciated!

I am also having no luck getting the Master or Submaster to operate any of the devices. Still trying to learn the software, maybe I am missing something.

• hi and a warm welcome to our forum,
    dmxcontrol should recognice, which song you play in winamp and should load the correct command set. But there is an other way: The audioplayer can play the tracks too. So there are three ways to play a tracklist automatically in dmxcontrol 2 without winamp. You mentioned the first way allready: merge all files together. But this method is not very flexible and you have problems in placing the scene markers because the zoom of very long tracks is limited. The second way is to add a command scenes to the end of every track in the audioplayer to start the next track. This is a verry easy way, but it is not very flexible too. You can change the order of the tracks, but to do this, you have to manipulate the command scenes. The third way is to use the effectsequencer. Add an effect and add command scenes to start every track in the audioplayer as steps for this effect. Now you have to look up the length of every track and set the hold time of every corresponding command scene. Now you should select this effect and disable "repeat". If you start the effect, every track sould be played. To change the order, just move the corresponding command scene to the correct possition in the effect. If you want a random playback, just set the effect to be played randomly. If you want to stop the audiotrack when you stop the effect, just select the effect, click on "advanced options" and on "on stop". Now you can add a command to stop the audioplayer.
    regards
    jp

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.