Workaround for no Audio Player in DMXControl 3

• So I just saw the part of the tutorial stating that the audio player is not yet implemented in DMX Control 3. Linking sound to light is a critical part of my application.

Do you have any suggestions for how to work around that and still sync lights with sound? Should I just use version 2?

• hi @MaramonJ
    search in ths forum for Audio Analyzer' ( upper right corner )

Then you will find a lot of Komments and Tutorials how to connect this one to the Lights.

The stuff is in German but you can use google for tronslate the whole pages.

If you any Question after this i can explain it in detail.

Best Regards
    Uwe

• Thanks! I tried that, but it looks like audio analyzer changes lights based on sound input. What I'm looking for is a way to start the light cues and the soundtrack at the same moment so that they are synched up all the way through. I am using the real time control to start the lights.

• Hi,
    you can use DMXControl 2 and 3 in combination. Play the Soundtrack with the Audioplayer of DMXControl 2 with the Ques in it. Then send those DMX-Values to DMXControl 3 (via Artnet) and use them to control some device effects (setup in the input assignment). We used this method on our 10th anniversary lightshow I programmed with some LED-Matrixes (

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    , e.g. 0:14)
    Best Regards
    JP

• In DMXControl 3 you setup your cuelists with your effects in it. With this work done, you can go into the input assignment in DMXC3. There are entrys for all cuelists in the right tree. When you open those entrys, you will see, that there are some trigger functions as outputs (e.g. Intensity,...). There you can "plug" the DMX-In-Channels (via Drag'n'Drop). You need "Go / Stop" to start the cuelist, the "Intensity" and maybe the "Speed". If you have enabled the ArtNet-Plugin and set it up correctly, you should now be able to control DMXC 3 via setting the correct trigger channels. This trigger values can be saved in Scenes in the audioplayer in DMXControl 2.
    best regards
    JP

• HI @MaramonJ,
    alternate you can use only the Version DMXC 2 .

Or you try to get work with MIDI Sync, in DMXC3 .

If it is possible.. you have the Beat , and the Timer Events in DMXC3, here starting time is most important.
    If you need the exactly millisecond to excecute all Cue's, controled by the Musik File, the only way is as 'JP' has descibed before.

Best Regards
    Uwe

• Hi,

first of all we need some more information about your setup to give you the right hints to get your setup working. You're using DMXControl 3, right? Which DMX-Interface/Adapter do you have? What have you already configured (software settings, DMX-Interface etc.)? If we have those information, we then can do the next steps as following (as a little teaser for the next steps to do): At first you set up the communication from DMXControl to your lights. Then your lights will be set to the correct address. The third step is to generate fixture definitions for DMXControl so that the software know, how your lights are controlled. The last step will be the programming of cues for your light scenes.

best regards

JP

• Has anyone come up with a real solution for this "no audio player" problem? I spent about 2 hours trying to learn dmxc3 and realized its much easier to use, but the main feature that I need (audio player) is missing. In our application I need dmxc3 to accept a midi command to start a timeline of cues. I need to be able to program to audio inside of dmxc3.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.