Virtual channels and devices overlap.

• Good Afternoon,
    i've a big problem:

i've a led dimmer of 24 channels (more than one but not important at this moment...) with connected 6 RGBW led strips.
    i need to have a virtual dimmer for each led stip...

what's the problem? ?(?( -> create a fixture put R1/G1/B1/W1......R4/G4/B4/W4 then 6 virtual dimmer... first for channels 1,2,3,4 second for 5.6.7.8 last for 21,22.23.24 ----> Work!! :thumbup:
    BUT I WANT 6 FIXTURES...... why???? create a group, change and manage by group all features and much more :D:D

my ideaa :
    create a fixture with 25 channels: first 4 channels R,G,B,W...20 name empty type gobo.....then virtual DIMMER on last channel
    add 1 device at channel 1, test, WORK!! Good!!!
    add the second to channel 26, test, WORK!!

if i move the second one to channel 5 (empty on first device) the virtual dimmer of second one stop to work. :argh::argh:?(

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Best regards.

• Using DDFCreator
    I always put the Virtual at the end & pick what channels I want
    It always worked for me if I put in the correct "Key Word Text" in the correct column (You have to use "Key words" for Each Column or it will not work) & Setting
    I will upload a file? if you want (Pic)
    You also have to put a Value in the Work Virtual Dimmer
    for it to work

• mmm.... i need to make a test!!

please send me an example to understand what you mean for "Key Word Text" in the correct column

many thanks for your support.
    Best regards

• Here is a Example of a Fog control I setup for a RGB Lights & fog
    Fog Machine #1
    Bit 1 = Red
    Bit 2 = Green
    Bit 3= Blue
    Bit 4 = Relay to turn fog on
    Fog Machine 2, 3, 4, 5,ECT,,,,,,,
    At the end you will see
    Bit 20 is the Virtual Dimmer & you can see how it is set up & what it controls listed in the last column & for me it the brightness for the lights for Fog control #1 Red ,Green & Blue
    (Note - all bit will be off in this program. by one,, since one program starts at 000 & the other one starts at 001 not a big deal but longer program can get confusing )

In the DMX Control program
    so I need to turn Bit 1 On (100% for Red ) & bit 20 has to have value in it to work which will control the Brightness (I use sub Master & I have programs I run to put a Value in it 25= 25% Brightness ,,, 0% = No light ,,, 100%= 100%) so I turn Red on and whatever Valve is in the Sub master the light will turn on at that Brightness

remember - You can not over lap default bits in a Factory Address settings

I hope this Helps

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.