Dmx Ver 2 for 2016?

• Hi,
    I'm sorry, but there is no further feature update planed for V2 (maybe a bug-fix-release, if there are some painfull bugs to fix). We decided to focus on V3 to get all V2-features into it. V2 is a very good programm, and should run very stable. But there are some problems, mainly with visual basic which obstruct further development (in our team we say that Stefan, the main developer of V2 had reached 150% of that, what is doable with visual basic). Because of that and some other reasons, our main focus is on V3 (written in C#). It is still in an early phase and some features are missing, but V3 is on its way (one of the next things which is currently under development for V3.1 is the timecode player, a mixture of V2 audioplayer, V2 textbook and V2 effects sequencer).
    best regards
    JP

• Hi,
    the most part of our tests of V2 on Windows 10 were positive, so it should work. There is only one Problem with COM-Port interfaces. Microsoft changed the way, COM-Ports were provided. This lead to the problem, that those Interfaces can not be used with DMXControl 2 any more under Windows 10 (and currently DMXControl 3 too). Changing to another .Net-Framework solves the problem for V3 (this change will be donne in V3.1). But in case of V2 there were to big changes. So if you did not have a COM-Port Interface, you can update to Win10. Otherwise, you should stay with your "old" Windows-version or change the Interface without a COM-Port-connection (be carefull with some cheap Interfaces, because they uses a COM-to-USB-Controller and where connected to DMXC via COM too).
    Best regards
    JP

im Falle eines Falles klebt Gaffa einfach alles, denn Gaffa ist dein Freund und Helfer :thumbup:

Edited once, last by JPK ().

• Thanks For the update! :D

Your general thoughts about windows 10 OS & DMXcontrol V2

Does Windows 10 work better & faster than Windows 8? <X
    I think Windows 7 worked better for me than windows 8? ;)

I just did not like Windows 8 as a OS and after DMX loaded up it took a long time for the program to come Back after pushing in a PB in the command box

Thanks

Steve

• I think there are just a few changes in "fluidity" of DMXControl V2 on Windows 10 compared with the prior versions (but we used a fresh windows for our tests). Changes in hardware (especially the CPU) have much more effect than a change of the Windows version. I would take the most comfortable OS (for me this would be W7 but could be different for you). If you want to update your OS, then make a backup before the update. There should be no problems, but you never know.
    Best regards
    JP

• Jp

I had to Upgrade to a Faster computer(with a Single Thread Performance Cpu)
    Desktop,,,4x faster than I have now , Their is no Laptop Fast enough to run V2

The problem now is with running Windows 10,,, after closing the DMXControl program it will crash when closing
    & come up in German (it takes up to 12 times to open & close the program before it will exit correctly with out Crashing & come back to English)

JP is their a Register Key Value I can Change so it Default to English?

Thanks

Steve

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.