Using beamer plugin

• Hi, i was hoping that someone might be able to help me get beamer (BeamerTool.zip) working. I didn't know that i was using DMXC version 2.11 on my laptop, so uninstalled and installed 2.12.2. That caused a few problems, spent half the night working through those. I thought it probably was because i was using an old version. No difference though, i still get the same error. There are no instructions that i can understand except from what i got, you just copy Beamer.out.dll to the plugins folder, is that right? I also tried copying the entire folder tree from that file, same results with other errors as well.

So with just the dll, i launch dmxc, and get:

The plugin 'Beamer.out.dll' does not implement class IDMXCPlugin correctly. The plugin is not compatible with this verion of dmxcontrol. Error 13: type mismatch

I am using beamertool from this link:

http://www.dmxcontrol.org/downloads/file/3-beamertool.html

Has anyone else had this problem.

I can't end a message without saying what a fantastic program DMXC is. I haven't had a chance to start with version 3 yet, but it looks pretty top notch as well.

Thanks!

Rob T.

• I forgot to say, i did spend a lot of time searching, i was finding tons of help, but all of it was in german:). Translating pages works, but the translation usually gets muddled and the results are useful only as general clues..

• Hi Rob T.,

you don't need the beamer.out.dll - BeamerTool supports Art-Net input, and DMXControl supports Art-Net output, so this already works without copying dlls.

You have to configure DMXControl to output Art-Net to the IP address / IP range your BeamerTool instances run, remember the port and universes you configure the output to, and configure the BeamerTool instances to the same port and universe

Sorry, I can't help you more for now because of time reasons.

Stefan

• Hi,
    I have something to add to Philipps post. If you have Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1 then there is an other step to do to get the plugin working. After you copied the dll into the root folder of DMXControl, you have to open the PluginAdministrator.exe (It is in the root folder of DMXC as well). In this tool, all plugins should be checked. So check the beamer-plugin too. After that, you can just close this programm and launch DMXC as usual. There should be no error any more.
    best regards
    JP

• Thanks for the help everyone!

@Stefan, it sounds like from what you said that beamer isn't a plugin for dmxC, but a separate app that dmxc interacts with via network, so i would run it using its EXE?

I copied the plugin to the root install folder, then ran the pluginadmin program, this time it appeared under the output plugins tab. I ran the program and put a check in it. So i was trying to use it as a regular plugin instead of an output plugin, and it seems to work now. But i am stuck again! I tried to find english documentation but couldn't:).

It says now error during activation- the callee (server [not server application]) is not available and disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call may have executed. try again?

Retries just give the same error. I think this probably is what stefan was talking about, but i have no idea what to do. I bought a 3000 lumens video projector because i think it's really fantastic some of the videos that i saw, hopefully i can get it working. Not a newb, have done lots work with net apps, but had no idea it was a net based program. Any guidance?

If i hit configure selected plugin (from within the program), nothing happens. If i hit the same button from within pluginadministration.exe, it says this plugin sends broadcast to port 12000. Again probably what stefan was saying, i think i need dmxc to talk to the beamertool.exe via port 12000? With that info, i ran beamertool.exe, several icons for LAV video decoder properties appeared down by the clock icon (5 or six of them) with more video codec options that i don't know a lot about. I used options in the black screen for beamertool, it showed different output plugins, but none had a place to use port 12000, artnet did have subnet mask.. Any ideas? Is there english documentation that i missed? Maybe i'm not seeing right, but from looks, this plugin might get pretty complex, would hate to make everyone take time to help if there is already english docs somewhere:)

Thanks!

Rob T.

• Any other suggestions? I still haven't been able to find any
    instructions. I have this new video projector that i bought specifically
    to work with dmxc. It looked pretty easy, but that was before:)

• Hello,

I try to give you some help - but I can't rebuild your problem itself, because I've always used a Windows XP computer.

I copied the plugin to the root install folder, then ran the pluginadmin program, this time it appeared under the output plugins tab. I ran the program and put a check in it. So i was trying to use it as a regular plugin instead of an output plugin, and it seems to work now. But i am stuck again! I tried to find english documentation but couldn't.

It says now error during activation- the callee (server [not server application]) is not available and disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call may have executed. try again?

Please try to eliminate some common "errors" through checking this:
    - Run DMXControl and BeamerTool.exe as Administrator (right click on exe => run as Administrator)
    - Check Firewall settings (to be really shure, disable your internet connection and afterwards your firewall)
    - be shure a network connection (cable / wifi) is established (a connection to your router/hub/switch is enough)

After this start DMXControl. Go on with a) or b)
    a) Enable the Beamerout.dll Plugin using the checkbox - you shouldn't do any other configuration to the plugin
    b) Enable and Configure ArtNet

Now you can start BeamerTool.exe (don't forget Administratior Rights)
    - if you're using ArtNet then press Keyboard Button "o" for options to configure the ArtNet Settings for BeamerTool
    - Press Keyboard Button "i" to show informations about BeamerTool. Now there should be a bottom line writing something like "//ArtNet/..." or something else with lots of zeros
    - If the line doesn't show up right ahead from start then try changing some dmx channel values at DMXControl (it really doesn't matter which channel and which value - only if it's the same universe your sending through your Output Plugin to the BeamerTool - should be channel 1-512)

Please excuse me I haven't got the software here right now to get the right expressions. I can only write what I can remember and it's half a year ago when I used it last time.

Please try this and if it doesn't work, tell me exactly what you've done and at which point an error occurs.

Greetings,

Black

Ein Jeder muss mal klein anfangen ...
    ... denn es ist noch kein Genie vom Himmel gefallen :D

Und meine Lampen haben Fieber, denn sie glühen immer wie irre, bevor sie Ihren großen Auftritt haben...

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.