Creating DDF for DMX device with multiple fixtures.

• So basically I want to make a DDF for the Showtec compact lightset led. It is one device with 4 RGB led lamps. But the master dimmer and strobe are shared between them. Is this even possible. If so can anyone explain how it is done?

• The thread marked as solved, but I can't see the solution.

I join the question. I have a similar device (INFINITE-BAR-6x15W-OSRAM-No-limit) with six independent RGBW sources, each with a separate TILT, but a common PAN. How to create a DDF file and how to control it separately, but sometimes treating all sources as a group, so that you don't have to set them up separately.

• Hello together!

The second question for the two RGB-LEDs is quite easy to solve: just add two Generic RGB Devices to your project.

The frist is more complicated due the specific device. One option could be to create in total 7 different DDFs. The first one include the main function of the device like PAN-rotation, dimmer, strobe, effects and effect speed. All other DDFs were only written for one beam, which includes the TILT-rotation and function for controlling the LED. The DMX-patch inside the DDFs is exact the same like written in the manual. When all DDFs were created, you add all 7 to your project and all 7 DDFs get the same DMX address.

You need to this like this way, because there is still no native support for so called multi-beam devices. This thread was closed automatically due to his age.

I hope, you both can follow my explanation. If not, you are welcome to ask further questions.

Greetings, Stefan.

• "just add two Generic RGB Devices to your project"

Its not so easy. As we can see Holscher LED dimmer has 10 channels. The first is Mode, 2-9 RGB, Fan, the last one "A". So adding two Generic Devices do not solve Mode option. How to distribute all channels the best way by two RGB Generic Devices???

1 Mode

2 R

3 G

4 B

5 R

6 G

7 B

8 Fan

9 Free

10 Free

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.