DMXcontrol 3 status req

• I haven't had a chance to learn dmxcontrol2 thoroughly, as soon as i saw the 3 was coming out i decided to wait, but i did use it for awhile and it looks like a fantastic program! I need some things in software that it doesn't have, but version 3 does. I do have the beta, and it seems really great too, and will be one of the better dmx programs on the planet once it's ready.

I just wanted to see if version 3 is still in progress. You're making an amazing program for free, and i think it would be annoying to be nagged about it all of the time, sorry for that! We have been saving money for awhile, most of the guys want to get one of the commercial packages, but i can see this program is going to let us do some things that the commercial programs can't even touch. Of course, we'll donate something if that's an option, but the forums look like nothings happening, and it looks like a dead project? I hope not! It's really cool to see programs that are made independently, and easily outclass the commercial software, and i hope this one at least brings you lots of donations for your time. Not many people can be so motivated, and at the same time have the experience to make a well made program.

Obviously, i speak english. It's hard to learn version 3 with no english documentation, but that's ok with me! Because it means that fewer people on my side of the planet will use the program, and so i can have unique effects that noone else can do! But english i think will help you to get your program around a lot and hopefully make money via donations if you're going that route.

Thanks,

Rob T.

• Hi Rob,

thanks for the questions. Yes, DMXControl 3 is still work in progress, and our programmers are working to fix the bugs. Last year was a little bit a tough year, as one of our main programmers for DMControl 3 spent some time in china and we had to prepare our yearly meeting as a "party" to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We have an article of that, sadly just in german, but the pictures will talk for itself: http://www.dmxcontrol.de/wiki/DMXControl-Treffen_2014

As far as I know, we also want to do an english documentation for DMXControl 3, but the documentation guys should tell you itself what's planned.
    Our Tutorial for DMXControl 3 already is aviable in engish: http://www.dmxcontrol.org/wiki/Tutorials_DMXControl_3

Thanks too,

Stefan

• Thank you stefan, that's great news, yes, i've been learning v3 gradually. Thank you for the link, somehow i missed those english pages!

• Hi,
    like stefan said, we are still working on the manual of DMXC 3, both the german and the english version of it. There are a vew german articles which have been completed, but they have to be reviewed. After the review they will be translated with an online translator into english.We try to correct most of the mistakes made by the online translator. But we'll need some native speaker, who will correct those articles after the translation.

Another thing is the article of our 10th anniversary. Maybe we could translate it into english so that all non-german user can read it too.
    best regards
    JP

• Was out for a couple of weeks for work. Thank you, i'll spend some time with it this weekend for sure. I had lost track of all of the different lighting software projects going on in the past few years, freestyler used to be the only full featured one way back when i had more time to be into it, but it was amazing to find dmxcontrol. I don't know if i'd be able to help, maybe. Native english speaker, but i think not knowledgable enough with either version, or lighting software in general, but maybe. How long is the manual roughly?

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.